TTC After a Loss
Options

2ww poll/question

I am just curious what everyone else does. During your 2ww do you abstain from or limit your intake of any of the following?

• alcohol
  • artificial sweeteners
  • caffeine
  • sandwich meat
  • medicines besides tylenol (or others that are not okay during pregnancy)
  • or any of the other supposed no-nos during pregnancy

Re: 2ww poll/question

• Options

I abstain from everything on that list except for alcohol during the 2ww. I don't think I could make it through with out a glass of wine or two!

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    I limit the alcohol, but I do drink some.  I never use artificial sweeteners anyway.  I usually cut out the caffeine completely, but I've had a few cups this time...I just keep it to one cup in a 24 hr period.  I definitely limit my medications, I only take what I know is OK during pregnancy and still I try to limit that too.  I am very scared since the MC because I took some medications that I shouldn't have and I got an Xray (after getting a neg test, but now I realize that it was too early to tell) right before I got my BFP so now I'm super scared that the meds or Xray might have caused the MC and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize a PG again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No i dont abstain from anything during the 2ww...

• Options
    No, I do not abstain from anything during the 2ww. 
    BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I allow myself 1 or 2 cups of coffee per week.  I will also have a glass of wine sometimes.  Everything else I stay away from.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Options

This is a great question, thanks for posting.  I'm interested in what other ladies have to say...

Me, I am only abstaining from over indulging in alcohol... I don't use artificial sweetners or eat sandwich meat.  I'm avoiding all medicines, even tylenol. 

I don't know if this reduces caffeine in coffee or not, but I think I recall reading that it did?  I'll run my coffee through the grounds that my DH used for his.  But not always.  If I don't do that, I use a small mug vs our larger coffee mugs.  

I also do everything I can to avoid second hand smoke.  Blech.  But I do that anyways, just more so during the 2WW and hopefully after.   

• Options
    • alcohol - I don't drink during the 2WW
    • artificial sweeteners - I never use these, they creep me out
    • caffeine - I have cut back in general. 1-2 glasses of caffeinated tea (hot or iced) per day, unsweetened. Sometimes I just have decaff tea.
    • sandwich meat - I'm on the fence about this. Luckily, it's not something I eat very much of anyway. I think the recent rash of listeriosis cases linked to canteloupe is making me second guess myself
    • medicines besides tylenol (or others that are not okay during pregnancy) - I rarely take these anyway. This has been my first cycle TTC, and I haven't needed it. I'd probably think twice if I did, and try to find a safe alternative.
    • or any of the other supposed no-nos during pregnancy - It's probably irrational, but I stopped using my Tea Tree Toner face toner & face wash with tea tree in it. I just used another product I had instead.

• Options
    imageJulesDiane:

I am just curious what everyone else does. During your 2ww do you abstain from or limit your intake of any of the following?

• alcohol limit but don't completely quit until BFP (or if MF shows up)
    • artificial sweeteners limit
    • caffeine I've been limiting caffeine since my last pg. It's just easier that way.
    • sandwich meat not completely, but I'm mindful of where it comes from.
    • medicines besides tylenol (or others that are not okay during pregnancy) Once the pain from m/c went away, the only thing I will take is Tylenol, period.
    • or any of the other supposed no-nos during pregnancy I'd love to get out of changing the cat litter during 2ww, but DH won't take that over again until I get a BFP. I also went through a rare beef binge so that I can go without during 2ww (and FX also pg).

• Options
    Nope, I abstain from nothing until I get a BFP. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I abstain from all of it while TTC as well, except for alcohol and sandwich meat.  I'll occasionally have a cup of caffeinated tea, but close to like one a week.  I don't eat a lot of sandwich meat anyhow, and usually heat it up if I do.
  • Options

I rarely drink caffeine, so that isn't really an issue for me.  Thankfully I don't take any medicine except thyroid meds and prenatal vitamins, so I'm not concerned about that.  If I did need meds, I would be sure to tell the doc or pharmacist the situation before taking anything beyond the approved list I have from my OB.  I do try to limit the amount of alcohol I drink during 2WW, though I plan to have at least a couple of beers tomorrow while tailgating.  Sandwich meat is the one that is more difficult for me, so I have had 1 sandwich and will have another tomorrow.

My OB recommends staying away from tuna fish due to mercury and limiting the amount of shrimp consumed, so I'm following those mandates during the 2WW.  

• Options

The only of those that I abstain from is alcohol... but really only during the last 7-10 days (when implantation would normally be).

Though I don't really use artificial sweeteners or medicines in general (rarely). Caffeine usually only 1cup coffee/day anyway & not much lunch meat (& I buy organic, nitrate free besides).

• Options
    imageJulesDiane:

• alcohol - Drink till its pink!
    • artificial sweeteners - don't use regularly
    • caffeine - don't use regularly
    • sandwich meat - Eat until a BFP.
    • medicines besides tylenol (or others that are not okay during pregnancy) - don't use regularly
    • or any of the other supposed no-nos during pregnancy - Hot tub? Yep, still use!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Pretty much the only thing I avoid due to TTC are NSAIDs, and that is all the time.  And even then, if my rib decides to jump out of place when I can't get to the chiro quickly, I'll take 1 or 2 doses.  DH and I drink so rarely we might as well not drink.  I don't like sandwich meat unless it is from the deli which is way too $$ for all the time eating here.  I can't stand any artificial sweetners and really limit even HFCS.  So, none of those, except caffeine, are really any part of my regular diet.  My OB is fine with my tea habit, even in pregnancy, so I'm happy. 

I guess I'm probably not a good example huh?  LOL

Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • Options
    I know they say "drink til it's pink" but while I was trying last month I abstained from alcohol, caffeine, lunchmeat, tuna, and all meds!  I was crazy-overload, but think they are all no-nos during pregnancy....but the baby doesn't use your blood supply for awhile, so even if you did consume these things while pg, I think you'd be fine! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"