2nd Trimester
Options

Insurance

If you have read "On the Verge of Leaving My Job" below this question is sort of in reference to that.

If I put in my two weeks and my insurance runs out at the end of October when would I receive the certificate that my insurance has ended? DH's company needs this certificate so that I can be added to his insurance. I just want to make sure that there is no lapse in coverage. If anyone has any insight into this I would appreciate it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Insurance

• Options

You can just call the insurance company after it's been terminated and have them fax you or the new insurance company something that shows the date that you will no longer be covered.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My husband is moving to a new company on Monday and we wanted to put him on my insurance.  All we had to do was get a letter either from his employer or his insurance stating that his last day of coverage would be 9/30.  This was sufficient for my employer and he will be picked up on my insurance starting tomorrow.  He has already recieved a new insurance card and everything.  His employer had no problem providing the letter in advance. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely call your insurance company and request the letter.

They will probably provide one at some point but if you have time limit to get on your husband's insurance (usually 30 days from last day of coverage); so you will want it sooner than later!

Like a PP said, they are usually more than happy to provide the letter in advance.

BabyFruit Ticker image imageimage
  • Options
    imageNiniJ55:

You can just call the insurance company after it's been terminated and have them fax you or the new insurance company something that shows the date that you will no longer be covered.

This sounds right to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"