Parenting after a Loss

::cries:: daycare costs

Gah. So the fiscal year just ended. The daycare came out with new rates.

They upped the cost of the 1s room by $120 a month.

So now it's $1391 a month. SO MUCH MONEY.

Our salaries have been frozen by presidential mandate for the last 2 years, so it's not as if either H or I have any extra money coming in to cover the uptick in costs either. 

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ::cries:: daycare costs

• Wow...that is a lot!
    Lilah Eve---our angel in heaven: Born sleeping 12/2/09 @ 28w3d. We love you and miss you everyday, little angel.
    Isabella Faith---Born 12/17/10 via c-section.
    Abigail Marie---Born 11/16/12 via c-section
  • Wow!  That sucks big time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ho-ly sh!t! 

I would be crying too.  Crying

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • That's a mortgage.  Holy moly!  I had no idea DC was so expensive. 
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is this some fancy schmancy daycare? That is A LOT of money. Have you looked around at other places? That is almost as much as I pay for rent.

• imageStephanie2167:
    Is this some fancy schmancy daycare? That is A LOT of money. Have you looked around at other places? That is almost as much as I pay for rent.

Nope. Not fancy at all. It's the center in my building. It's actually a crap space and I don't like it much at all due to the space, but the other options around my office were even more. One was going to run me $1520 a month and a fancy one was going to run $2000 a month. 

I looked into daycare near my house, but with our commute we would never make the pick up time, and even then, the cost was $1248 a month, so the difference was negligible. 

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imageSonadora:

imageStephanie2167:
    Is this some fancy schmancy daycare? That is A LOT of money. Have you looked around at other places? That is almost as much as I pay for rent.

Nope. Not fancy at all. It's the center in my building. It's actually a crap space and I don't like it much at all due to the space, but the other options around my office were even more. One was going to run me $1520 a month and a fancy one was going to run $2000 a month. 

I looked into daycare near my house, but with our commute we would never make the pick up time, and even then, the cost was $1248 a month, so the difference was negligible. 

Wow. It's schocking the difference in costs in different states. DD starts a new daycare Monday and we'll be paying $160 a week.

• That is a big increase.  Sorry No
    BFP 8/26/09, Missed M/C 9 weeks 5 days BFP 2/03/12, M/C 2/13/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is total suckage. I am so sorry.  That is insane-and so unfair that they can do that to Federal employees knowing you are under hiring freeze. 

My DH had a job offer in NoVa right before my m/c and was just saying, maybe he should have taken it. We live in a high COLA-but this makes me glad we stayed put.

BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But not that my DC was really that much cheaper :(
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yikes! That is expensive.
  • And this is why I don't really work. 

Well, I work.  This is why DD isn't in daycare though!  That's my monthly income - and then some!

• OMFG thats horrible.  That seems like a really steep increase.  Jeesh!
    Prolactinoma, Hypothyroidism, PCOS m/c 8-19-08 @ 9wks 3d
    "And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it everyday and I know that I am the luckiest."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Ouch!  That is high.  I'd cry too. 

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • :::cries with you:::

I was floored when I found out how much daycare cost.  Seriously makes me rethink number of kids and kid timing.

• Ouch that is more then our rent.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • imagesoftskate31:
    Yeah, with 2 kids, I wont be able to afford to work unless I get a magical high paying job. GL! Just think of all the extra cash you will have when she starts school!

Sorta...we'll have to pay before and after care then! It's less than daycare, but will still run about $600ish a month.

There's literally no way we can afford two kid in daycare, ever. I'm not even sure we could swing one in daycare and one in before/after care....

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

• Oy.  I'm in NoVA and between the two of them it's $2432 a month.  $259 a week for the pre-K room and $349 a week for the infants.  I cannot wait to be paying for after care only next year and a move to toddlers.  Then we should be at $1914 a month or thereabouts.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards