Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Music and Reading to baby!

When do I start doing this. I believe I read somewhere that you should start at 28 weeks. Is that right? When are you starting?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Music and Reading to baby!

• Options

Looks like the 23rd week is when they can hear.

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/pregnancy-childbirth/fourth-month/7-ways-bond-your-preborn-baby

Edit: made clicky

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started at 16wks.  It doesn't hurt to start earlier.  I think it is the best thing.  I have to say that we did more reading and playing music between 20-29wks.  After that, things got really busy to get ready for LO, so we haven't been doing much. I definitely try to make time for it, but it doesn't happen everyday.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you can start whenever you want to!  Obviously it's not harmful in anyway.  Plus, even if baby can't hear just yet, I'm sure it's still great bonding for you!
    Nov. 19, 2010 BFP #1--m/c Dec. 24th, 2010 First cycle after m/c on Feb. 2, 2011--March 8th, 2011 BFP #2 EDD Nov. 19, 2011. Nadia Dorothy Grace born on 11-18-11 @ 3:04pm 6lbs 14oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I've been doing this since I found out that I was pregnant. I know it seems silly considering LO's hearing didn't develop until later in the pregnancy, but I figured that I often talk to myself (not in a mentally ill sort of way, but talking to figure things out or so I don't forget) so why not talk to the baby.

She reacts to certain types of music too. She seems to really like R&B with a nice mellow beat and strong baseline, but is not much into the techno stuff.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I started a few weeks ago with music.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

I sing to my LO all the time.  Have since I found out I was pg.

I know she hears it because on Sundays during church she is awake and kicking up a storm.  We have a huge pipe organ that I sit right in front of.  Usually mid morning during the week she is silent.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DH has been singing old Misfits and Ramones songs to the baby since day one :) I started playing music and read to him while I was in the hospital, right at 24wks. Not sure if it's helping him, but it calms me down :)
    image Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 1/20/2011 - ectopic: D&C and methotrexate at 6 wks
    BFP #2 4/23/2011 - EDD 1/7/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"