Infertility

Good news and bad news

good news - my PAP came back normal! So we are all clear to start bcps when AF arrives and are go for our november IVF cycle!

Bad news is that DHs blood work was not a lab fluke. It looks like the meds have caused his pituitary to basically shut down. I am not really sure what this means for him, but I know he is going off the meds completely. The doc doesn't think any long term damage will result, but we have an appt tues to get a better idea of what we are dealing with. I never want to compromise his health for this. I am just so thankful that we have our frozen samples and pray that is all we need and DH is ok. maybe we will even get rebound sperm when he stops taking the meds! A girl can hope!
imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

Re: Good news and bad news

• Glad everything came back good. Hopefully once your DH is able to get off meds, a better SA will happen.
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy to hear that you got some good news today, and hoping your DH's SA goes up once he is off the meds. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ***hugs*** 

I know how scary it is to start IVF with a low count.  Quite honestly, when the RE told us we had 22 eggs my first thought was "do we have enough sperm?  are we going to need to thaw?"

Thinking of you and hoping Mr.Scuba's numbers start to rebound once off meds.

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks girls. Aegis - did you have enough or did you need to thaw?
    imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Glad you got some good news and hope everything works for your DH!
    ~ PAIF & SAIF welcome ~
    IVF #1 in progress
  • Wow, that is scary how your DH was affected by his meds, but it's good to hear that the doctor doesn't think it will cause any long-term damage.  And it must take a lot of pressure off that you have the frozen samples.  Good luck with your cycle!
    TTC since November 2009
    Mild MFI, irregular cycles, HSG only showed left tube open
    IUIs #1-3: Femara -- BFN
    IUI #4: Follistim + HCG boosters -- BFN
    Sept./Oct. 2011 IVF#1: Long Lupron, 3dt of 2 -- BFN + 1 frostie
    Surprise BFP 11.21.2011: missed m/c at 9w2d, D&C 12.27.2011
    The Blog
  • Glad you checked out okay and fingers crossed that YH's numbers rebound.  MFI can be so confusing and frustrating... but I'm glad you have some samples frozen, it is so good to have that in the bank.

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• YAY on your pap!

Holy CRAP about DH.  I am so hoping for you that everything works out.  Anxiously waiting to see how being off the meds affect DH.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry to hear that DHs medicine did more harm than good.  Hopefully by him coming off them things will improve again.  I'm glad to hear your testing came normal.  I'll be rooting for you during your cycle! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • glad everything came back normal with the pap smear and glad you guys know what's going on with DH. and I will keep my fingers crossed for rebound sperm!
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"