Trying to Get Pregnant

So frustrating (woe-is-me vent)

Just a little vent for an otherwise awesome Friday...

I just started "practicing" with charting this month (since I didn't start it when I got my last period on Sept 3). I am VERY regular with my cycles... I could predict a freaking calendar based on it. So AF was due, according to my phone app and normal cycle, on Wednesday. I get my hopes all up and bust out the huge pack of Wondfu's I have. No sign of AF, all negative pregnancy tests.

I got a positive cheapie OPK mid-month, and then yesterday when I took another OPK there was a VERY faint line (BD'ed it up, of course. Can't take any chances).

I am making myself crazy. I don't even want to tell you how many cheapie HPT's I've peed on this week....Embarrassed

We've been trying (on and off) for 2 damn years... sometimes it just feels like climbing Everest, ya know?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So frustrating (woe-is-me vent)

• It is very frusterating when you have an irregular cycle thrown in. There are a number of things that can delay ovulation....stress, illness, travel, etc. If ovulation was delayed, the onset of AF will be too.

Do you chart your temps? That is the only way to confirm ovulation. OPKs tell you when your body is gearing up to O, but cannot confirm it. And a faint like on an OPK means nothing....other than you aren't O-ing any time soon. You always have trace amounts of LH in your system, so will almost always get at least a faint line with an OPK.

Keep testing once a week until you get a + or AF arrives.

Have you talked to your OB or doctor about how you've been trying for two years? Usually after a year of trying they will start testing.

History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yeah, it's amazing how some people get PG without even trying. Hopefully charting will help you... keep your head up!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A very faint line on an OPK is a negative. 

Hang in there...you probably just ovulated later than you  expected.  Once you really start charting you'll feel alot more secure and less overwhelmed.

Do you have a FF account?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageBartsGirl:

A very faint line on an OPK is a negative. 

Hang in there...you probably just ovulated later than you  expected.  Once you really start charting you'll feel alot more secure and less overwhelmed.

Do you have a FF account?

Yup. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3795bb 

There's the link to the barely-started chart. At this point I'm just ready for AF to get here so I can start charting normally and figure out my body. 

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

• Well technically you're not out yet if AF hasn't shown up! GL to you :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"