Attachment Parenting

Another question for Nebraska moms-pedi recommendations?

I was wondering if any NE moms on this board might have any recommendations for a pediatrician or family practice doctor in Lincoln or Omaha?  A doctor who encourages, supports and has knowledge of breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding is a big plus! TIA!

Re: Another question for Nebraska moms-pedi recommendations?

• DD goes to Ann Russell with Boys Town Pediatrics in Omaha. She was pretty helpful to me with BFing during the early days - including watching me nurse both in the hospital the day after delivery and at our first post-hospital visit when DD was 3 or 4 days old to make sure she was latching correctly, etc. I don't know yet how she feels about extended BFing, but we plan to do it and will cross that bridge when we come to it/not really care what she has to say about it regardless. I wouldn't consider her the most pro-BFing dr. out there, but she's never told us we shouldn't BF (of course), or should supplement, or start solids early, or think about letting DD CIO - so those are wins considering some of my friends' pedis have suggested one or all of those things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I see Dr. Svjetlana Dziko in Lincoln and she's been very open minded about everything. She was not sure exactly why I wanted a natural birth and all that jazz but she supported me and did what I wanted. She commended me, encouraged me the whole way, and never asked to supplement, pushed food or anything. She's there to answer questions. She asks, "do you feel like you're keeping up" as far as nursing goes. I'm sure if I said no she'd recommend supplementing but I bet she'd be willing to try meds first if you asked. She treats my kids like pure gold and although she's incredibly busy, she has sat down with me and really spoken heart to heart with me about some concerns about my son. She's just wonderful and did an amazing job helping me have 2 great deliveries and 2 healthy, happy kids. She's just awesome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"