TTC After a Loss

LP changes after m/c?

Hi ladies. I usually post over on TTGP but I figured this question would be better suited here.

For those of you who chart, did you notice any changes in your luteal phase after your loss? I've had a surprisingly normal cycle, ovulated around the same time as normal, etc. The only difference that I had noticed was that my pre-ovulatory temps were a bit higher than before. But last night I had a bit of spotting, and today, a huge temp drop. This is a good three days shorter than my LP has ever been. Did any of you experience this?

Thanks in advance, ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LP changes after m/c?

• First off, I'm sorry for your loss. Second, cycles can be wonky for a while after a MC. What your "normal" was before your loss, could be completely different after. You may find that your LP returns to its "normal" length in your coming cycles or it could say shorter like it was this month. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, unless it gets shorter than 10 days. For most doctors, that seems to be the cut off for normal to too short LP's.

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Really sorry for your loss. I had a very long wait for AF, then I weird cycle with an ovarian cyst (something that has never happened to me before). This is my first "normal" cycle since my D&C. So I can't answer your question based on my personal experience. I will, however, say that your LP looks good and long, and FF isn't an exact science; it's even possible you ovulated a day (or even 2 days) before your crosshairs.

Lots of luck to you.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear about your loss... cycles can definitely take time to level out after an m/c but your LP is usually the one constant in your cycle... it may be off by a day or two... but nothing significant...
  • Hi BV. I just finished my first LP post-m/c - I spotted for 4 or 5 days and started freaking out, thinking my LP was going to drop from 14 to 8 days or something short like that. Then I stopped spotting and ended up having a 12 day LP. Prior to my m/c I'd had LPs longer and shorter than that, but it fit in with my average LP. (sorry if this is rambly - I'm Bumping while in class)
    Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
  • I'm so sorry for your loss...  *hugs*

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After all 3 of my m/c my LP has always stayed the same (14 days) but my FP was definitely off & varied.

Good luck to you & so sorry for your loss. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"