December 2010 Moms
Options

eggs

Happy Friday! 

Can someone please clarify this for me?  Our LO's can have eggs, yes?  Every website seems to have a different answer...some say egg whites only, some say yolks only.  I'm confused.  

TIA!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: eggs

• Options
    I just asked the pedi this at DD's 9 month appmt this week.  I had been giving her just the scrambled yolks because that was what I was reading online.  However, he said she can have the entire egg as long as it is completely cooked.  I'm wondering if this might vary from Dr. to Dr... I'm interested in hearing what others have been told. 
  • Options
    My son had them and was fine. I didn't ask the doc spec about eggs but he said anything is fine except honey and pb...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At her 9 month check up our Pedi cleared whole eggs. I been feeding her scrambled eggs for a couple of weeks now.

• Options
    i gave griff pancakes with eggs (yolk and white) for the first time last month and he got all rashy on his face.  the ER dr said he wasnt concerned and i could try again.  i didnt cause i wanted to talk to my pedi about it.  and i did last week.  she said she wasnt concerned and that its very rare for an LO to have egg allergies.  she said i could try again.  i did yesterday (same pancakes) and again he got a rashy face.  so i'll have to mention this to her again.  she may make griff take an allergy test.
  • Options
    My Pedi said no whites till age 1. But.... I've already given whole scrambled eggs. He said no PB either, but that strawberries were ok, which I thought was a big no-no
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    A lot of what I have read says to give yoke only, but if they are cooked in like muffins the the whole egg is ok. The nurse practitioner at our 9 month appt said white only, but that goes against everything else i have heard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagexxbabycakesxx:
    i gave griff pancakes with eggs (yolk and white) for the first time last month and he got all rashy on his face.  the ER dr said he wasnt concerned and i could try again.  i didnt cause i wanted to talk to my pedi about it.  and i did last week.  she said she wasnt concerned and that its very rare for an LO to have egg allergies.  she said i could try again.  i did yesterday (same pancakes) and again he got a rashy face.  so i'll have to mention this to her again.  she may make griff take an allergy test.

i was meaning to ask if you ever tried again.  have you ever tried egg in any thing else?  im just wondering if it could be something else in the pancake.  did you give him benedryl or wait it out?

i have not tried eggs with O.  since he had a dairy sensitivity from the beginning, my pedi said to wait until a year with anything "iffy".  

• Options

imagexxbabycakesxx:

Out of curiosity, did he get the rashy face almost immediately? Or did it show up a couple of hours later?    

• Options

imageFive Months to Plan:
    The nurse practitioner at our 9 month appt said white only, but that goes against everything else i have heard.

maybe she got it mixed up cause thats the first time ive ever heard of giving whites only too. 

• Options

imageKellina:
    My Pedi said no whites till age 1. But.... I've already given whole scrambled eggs. He said no PB either, but that strawberries were ok, which I thought was a big no-no

Strawberries are another one that no one seems to have a clear answer on...my mom says that she was always told to wait on strawberries, but my pedi says they are fine.  If you google it, you'll get 16 different answers.  Can't pediatricians get together on this??  Ugh! 

BTW, adorable siggy pic!  :)   

• Options
    I've fed her many eggs. She loves them. Our pedi said only no raw honey until after 1 year.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options

At the 9-month our pedi recommended avoiding honey, nuts, and nut butters until a year.

We don't have a history of food allergies in our families so I've already given B some scrambled eggs in small doses.  He did fine so I gave him a bit of hard boiled egg (yolks and whites) last weekend.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imagexxbabycakesxx:
    Did the pancakes have wheat in them? Maybe he has a gluten allergy? I, personally, would try eggs by themselves before naming them as the allergy source.
  • Options
    My pedi said no eggs until 1 year.  So, we're still all getting different information!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My Pedi said the only thing to avoid was honey (and whole milk) until 1 year. DS has had scrambled eggs and loves them, but we haven't tried peanut butter or any other nut products yet.
  • Options
    imageStrunella:
    My pedi said no eggs until 1 year.  So, we're still all getting different information!
    This is what my pedi said too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"