November 2011 Moms

Hungry Days vs Not Hungry Days

I know we're all running out of room to eat but does anyone have days where they feel like they could eat everything?

I had two of them in a row this week- I got Chipotle for lunch one day and if I hadn't had an afternoon meeting, I would have seriously gone back for another buritto. 

And then yesterday, I prepared for a big meal day and could barely eat anything.  And I was sad, because I had some good food.

I need a little indicator to tell me when I'm going to be extra hungry and when I'm not going to be able to eat anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hungry Days vs Not Hungry Days

• I have been eating about 2/3 of what I normally eat this week - I just feel full all the time.  It's been nice at work though because I don't think about food all day!
  • Me!  It is so bizarre.  Yesterday I could hardly eat anything. Today I could eat an entire pizza by myself in one setting (man that sounds good...)
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally have those days. But usually my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I buy more than I can eat.

I feel like I've been eating like crap lately, but since I'm on orders to rest I'm not cooking like I normally do.

I had McDs for breakfast AND lunch yesterday....and then I wasn't really hungry last night. So I had one of those steamer things (stick the bag in the microwave and it steams/cooks the contents)- potatoes and green beans and a hot pocket. haha

I'm not too worried about it though as I had actually lost weight yesterday at the dr. I'm still only 3lbs above my pre-pg weight, so feeling pretty good at this point, and not feeling guilty for the crap meals :)

• I have been noticing a lot of changes in my eating patterns as well.  One day I'm a bottomless pit, eating anything and everything out of the refrigerator and pantry, while on other days I am just as happy skipping my meals.  I have extremely low blood sugar (tested at 57 after eating a big meal), so I try to eat something to at least keep my levels up and for baby's nutrition.

When I questioned this with my OB she explained hunger or lack thereof has a lot to do with how much the baby is needing at a particular point.  I just wish baby was a bit more consistent! Smile 

• imagejnealet:

I need a little indicator to tell me when I'm going to be extra hungry and when I'm not going to be able to eat anything.

Oh that would be nice. Put one on the kids too especially teenagers. That way we could stock up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Every day is a I-can-eat-the-house-I'm-so-hungry-day for this pregnant gal. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, in a way. I'm a little different - I'm always starving when I wake up, since I haven't eaten anything for a good 9 hours. Then I am usually pretty hungry at lunch. But dinner, I can take or leave, or sometimes I just have like cheese and crackers or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebrewcitybride:
    Yes, in a way. I'm a little different - I'm always starving when I wake up, since I haven't eaten anything for a good 9 hours. Then I am usually pretty hungry at lunch. But dinner, I can take or leave, or sometimes I just have like cheese and crackers or something.

I'm jealous you sleep for 9 hours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"