Success after IF

Overnight diapers

DS has all of a sudden turned into a really heavy nighttime wetter...I had someone pick up some overnight diapers while we were on vacation and they are one size bigger than he normally wears, but they were a store brand and not Huggies (which is seems like everyone agrees is the best).  He's still wetting through those!  He weighs 25 lbs and is currently in a size 4 diaper....should I go all the way up to a size 6 when I buy the Huggies?  I'm tired of changing sheets! 

Re: Overnight diapers

• I'd buy a small pack of size 5 Huggies first, I think, and just be super careful about putting it on him - higher in the front, nice and tight (tabs overlapping), reach a finger in around the legs to make sure the lining is pulled out, etc.  If you go up 2 sizes and they're too big, my guess is they wouldn't fit as tight, which could be as bad as being too small!

I feel your pain!

• Lucas wears a size 5 during the day (in any brand) and we just switched to size 5 Huggies at night (we had an old box of size 4 pampers that he always peed through). There have been fewer pee-throughs since we switched to the size 5 huggies. good luck!

(oh, and I don't change the sheets every time - too tired!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely give the Huggies a try, because I have found them to be the best (but I don't know if they work as well for boys).  I will say, though, that one of the girls still pees through them occasionally.  She is just such a heavy sleeper and wetter -- I don't know that any diaper would do the trick.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • We use pampers overnights and love those. I would get either pampers or huggies in a size 5. On occassion hayden would wet through but not as often. Prior to beginning pting, he was in a size 5 diaper and a size 6 overnight (we still use overnight diapers).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • have you tried a different brand? DD pees through huggies all the time, not that she's filling them up as much as it leaks out the sides!
  • I think the Huggies overnites only go up to a 5 anyway - have never seen a 6 - but we are still using 5's and they are still working for us - Jack is around 31 pounds.
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Nicholas (30lbs) has been in size 5 overnight Huggies since forever.  I wouldn't dream of putting him in size 6 yet.  
  • Thanks guys!  Size 5 it is! :)
  • We bought those inserts that someone on here recommended.  Daniel was waking up wet every morning and it hasn't happened once since we bought these things.  They are great and really cheap!  We just put them in his regular pampers (huggies don't work for us at all).

I can't find them on the website so I can't link it.  But they are across from the diapers near the wipes.  And it was about 3-4 dollars for a big pack.

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a pampers user here and have no issues, maybe give them a try?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We do cloth at night but I have heard of people buying the disposable diaper doublers at BRU and putting them in the huggies with success.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I cloth diapered during the day and used Huggies Overnights for DS1.  I would try a small qty. bag of the Huggies in his size. 

I know with cloth they have fleece inserts to help absorb overnight.  I didn't find out about that until DS was potty training during the day, but maybe you could add something like that to the overnight diapers?  It would mean some laundry for you, but he'd only be using one a day rather than several.

GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Jordana wears size 5 in regular Huggies but needs size 6 in Huggies overnight becuase she will pee through them!

I would try Huggies Overnight first! 

• ITA with the size 5 Huggies recommendation. DD is also about 25 pounds, wears a size 4 diaper during the day and they work perfect for her. She drinks a lot of water so she's a heavy wetter too. Oh, and I'm sure you know but get them from amazon subscribe & save. I paid $13.58 for around 60 diapers. If you need them faster (since you can no longer combine prime shipping & subscribe & save) they will be a few bucks more. Good luck! I hate changing crib sheets!

• Sam is probably just shy of 30 pounds and is tall for his age (averages around the 75th percentile). He is in Huggies overnights size 4 right now, but size 5s in regular diapers.  Once this pack is gone he'll be in size 5s.  I'd move up one size - not two.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"