Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

question - please help

i'm travelling to California tomorrow from Canada - and we won't be bringing our playpen because of expense and hassle to bring it on the plane. 

i'm wondering if it'd be possible to just buy one at target or walmart when we get there and then just return it before we come home!?

or....

how else would DS nap and sleep safely? i won't bring him into bed with us (just personal comfort) and so we're wondering where he should be sleeping....he's also starting to roll quite a bit now

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: question - please help

• Options
    traveling with a LO is a hassle.  Take your own and deal with it.  Buying one to return it is just dishonest and douchey.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

If you are staying in a hotel, they should have a crid you can use/rent.  If you are staying with family/friends, have them ask around, I'm sure they know someone who has a crib or playpen you can borrow. 

Buying and returning one is unethical, I think.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you going to be in a hotel? They sometimes can provide playpens or cribs for LOs.
  • Options
    I bought a play mat and i guess it was the same deal someone used it and brough it back, had spit up on it - so pissed, I returned it.
  • Options

Please don't buy it and return it.

Maybe have the people you are visiting check their local craigslist listings and secondhand shops for a pack n play or something that LO can sleep in.  Maybe even post on cragslist that you are looking for a PNP for weeklong stay and someone will realize they have one and contact you.

You could also buy a basic PNP at target/walmart/BRU, I think I have seen them for about $60...possibly less.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd check with your hotel first. Then I'd call the local hospital/la leche office and see if they knew where you could rent one. If they didn't know- I'd contact local daycare centers/Gymboree/Childrens stores. Somebody at one of these places is bound to know Something! GL!!!

• Options

If there's not a dog or cat or other child running around, just spread a big blanket out and have DS sleep on the floor.

If it were me though, I'd totally pack the PNP and deal with it. I also agree with the buying new and then returning used, less than honest, let's be real.  How would you like it if you bought something new, then happen to see there's a teeny barf stain or something because someone did that. Ewww.

• Options
    imagejcsumm0:

If you are staying in a hotel, they should have a crid you can use/rent.  If you are staying with family/friends, have them ask around, I'm sure they know someone who has a crib or playpen you can borrow. 

Buying and returning one is unethical, I think.

this

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageL&R70707:
    traveling with a LO is a hassle.  Take your own and deal with it.  Buying one to return it is just dishonest and douchey.

This.  If you do decide to buy one there, take it to a consignment store instead of returning it. At least people who shop there are expecting something used.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Personally, I'm wary of hotel cribs since they may be older and not compliant with newer federal safety regulations. That said, I'm not crazy about the idea of buying one and returning it. I agree with PP that if you're staying w/ friends, you could put the word out to them that you'd love to borrow one for a few days. 

If you are in a hotel, what about getting a room with two double beds and you bedsharing w/ LO while your partner sleeps in the other bed? 

• Options

Don't buy and return. As others have said, it's unethical and a crappy thing to do.

BRU sells a travel bassinet that you can fit in your suitcase for $50 if you don't want to rent or if you can't borrow one.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11345255

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Buying and returning is completely douchey. If you don't want to bring it with, spend the money and buy something there, or sleep on the floor. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"