Maryland Babies

Hats for boys? Suncreen?

What kind of hat could I get for DS to protect his rapidly balding (Sad) head from the sun? We have a Larriland trip coming up and I will probably have him in the Bjorn (rather than the stroller with the shade) so I kind of wanted a hat but all I have are the little beanie-type caps.

Also, I know sunscreen is not recommended for babies under 6 months, but our pedi told us we could use it anyway and I figure its preferable to sunburn. Any recs on brands?

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This

Re: Hats for boys? Suncreen?

• haha, his hair will come back :) If I recall, DS had the funniest looking hair around that age.....really thin on top but still long on the back of his neck. he looked like a little old man.

I have a cheap old navy sun hat with a chinstrap we used over the summer, but i don't know if they would still have them in stock now.....maybe in clearance?

oh, and we use california baby suncreen, from target.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • you might have trouble finding a sun hat now - you could always use a knit winter hat b/c those will be out now.

We use the Neutrogena Baby sunblock.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was at the Westminster Target recently and they had a bunch of bucket-style hats on clearence. 

We use California Baby sunscreen.  E had a reaction to practically everything else.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Last time I was at target the had hats on an endcap in the baby section.

We've used Aveno sunscreen on Mallory, but I think it irritated her skin. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With the weather cooling down so fast, you can probably put clothes on him that will cover the arms and legs, then a hat on the head with a little bit of a brim and you shouldn't need to worry about sunscreen really.

Last year we went to Larriland when DD was about 4 months old and I think that was all we did... no sunburn issues. Actually she had a headband on instead of a hat, but she had some hair too. The sun probably wasn't too bright.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was thinking if it was cooler, you may be able to get away with long sleeves. We also used CA Baby and last week at Target, they had sun hats on clearance.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We use Badger suncreen. Scores well on the EWG's list of safe sunscreens.It has worked really well for us and my son is very fair

There should be some hats on clearance at places like Target. We bought our summer bucket hat (siggy pic) on clearance at Janie & Jack's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"