Trying to Get Pregnant

Flu Shot during 2ww?

My company is offering free flu shots.  I need to sign up today if I want to take advantage.  So my question is this:

I just started my 2 ww - would this be detrimental to the baby if I am lucky enough to test positive in 2 weeks?  Or should I just opt out till I know more?  Are pregnant women advised to not get them at all?  Don't have time to research this much as I'm at work. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flu Shot during 2ww?

• It's fine. You can get a flu shot while pregnant, or while just waiting to get pregnant. In fact, pregnant women are near the top of the list when there's a shortage of vaccines.
    HELLO.
    Wash that thang!
  • Awesome, thank you!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • No, you can get the flu shot during your first trimester.

IMHO. Oh and these people too:

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/influenza/AN00651

HELLO.
    Wash that thang!
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    For 's Sake people, 2ww =/= pregnant. Get that through your heads already. And get it now because you are not supposed to get it during 1st tri, so if you are successful in getting pregnant this cycle, you are hosed for this flu season.

I'm aware of that, thank you.  I just wanted to make sure it would be safe and not create a bad environment for implantation, or if there are lasting effects, harm the baby later.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  Sheesh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"