October 2011 Moms

Christmas gifts for LO

I know our children will only be 2-3 months old (if that) by the time Christmas rolls around. Are you planning to get gifts for him/her?

I'm probably going to do something small along with his yearly ornament.  

I'm already ordering/searching for gifts for DS (4.5 years old), so I don't have to shuffle after LO is born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas gifts for LO

• SO and I were just talking about this the other day. We know our parents are going to shower LO with gifts for Christmas, so we're going to keep it simple. We'll probably shop together for some cute new clothes and a book or something else small for her. 

• We will keep it simple too. An ornament for the Christmas tree for sure, MAYBE some clothes (we have so many already though), and most definitely books. I know that he'll get presents from family so it seems silly for us to spend a lot of him when he won't remember!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • There will no doubt be some things I need for her, so I will just get those items as gifts. Plus, I know I will not be able to resist getting a couple cute girly outfits.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We will probably just get things that she needs anyways and call them her Christmas gifts.  That along with something sentimental like probably a "baby's 1st Christmas" ornament or something.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, so I'm pretty excited.  DH and I have a tradition of buying a new ornament from all the places we travel to so I'd like to carry that tradition over to our kids somehow.

• I'm planning on doing more stuff that he needs at that point. And I'm hoping to have our parents do the same. Of course they will get him some toys and clothes, but I'm going to ask them for things like a high chair, which we don't have yet because we won't need it for awhile, and stuff like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLindsayB0505:
    We will probably just get things that she needs anyways and call them her Christmas gifts.  That along with something sentimental like probably a "baby's 1st Christmas" ornament or something.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas, so I'm pretty excited.  DH and I have a tradition of buying a new ornament from all the places we travel to so I'd like to carry that tradition over to our kids somehow.

I get my son and nieces and nephews special ornaments every year. I'll just add this LO to the mix. I keep a list of what I have gotten and where.  Most of them are hand made or have some other special significance.   I hope they all cherish them as they grow up and move out. My oldest niece and nephew are 12!

• We're going to keep it simple and sentimental since he won't really have a clue what's going on. I'm going to get him a few items I was going to buy before his arrival that he probably won't use until 2.5-3 months anyway, like a Bumbo and a toy or two. I think we'll probably have the most fun picking out his first Christmas tree ornament.
  • I ordered him a family Christmas stocking to match the rest of our with his name engraved and will probably just do a framed ornament for him to look back on his first Christmas.
  • Hanukkah overlaps with Christmas this year, and I already know that he is going to be spoiled by both sides of the family.

I know it's silly, but DH and I both really want to celebrate his first holidays anyway.  I already bought his "Baby's first Christmas" ornament, and we'll probably just do one gift from us (probably an outfit) and one from Santa (toy).

For Hanukkah, DH came up with the idea of a $10 spending limit for each of the eight nights (that's what we usually do for each other).  This time though, everything is for the baby and we are each responsible for 4 gifts.  I've already bought all of mine...stuff that I've found on sale and/or know he will need.  I think husband is just looking for an excuse to buy toys, but I'm not sure how much damage he can do for $10. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejbean2011:

Hanukkah overlaps with Christmas this year, and I already know that he is going to be spoiled by both sides of the family.

I know it's silly, but DH and I both really want to celebrate his first holidays anyway.  I already bought his "Baby's first Christmas" ornament, and we'll probably just do one gift from us (probably an outfit) and one from Santa (toy).

For Hanukkah, DH came up with the idea of a $10 spending limit for each of the eight nights (that's what we usually do for each other).  This time though, everything is for the baby and we are each responsible for 4 gifts.  I've already bought all of mine...stuff that I've found on sale and/or know he will need.  I think husband is just looking for an excuse to buy toys, but I'm not sure how much damage he can do for $10. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out Hanukkah!  

• i think i'll get LO some toys b/c we had a flood in our basement a year ago and we lost all the infant toys etc... so i know we could use some of that and if it's a girl i'm sure i'll buy some new clothes. 

I too want to buy gifts for DS early on too.  i wanted to have all my xmas shopping done by now but haven't even started.  boo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • We already bought the baby a gift earlier this year and I am sure we will buy a few small things. We got them some "Wizard of Oz" stuffed toys because it is something special to us.
    I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
  • We'll probably just get something small...an outfit or something that we need... along with an ornament commemorating his or her 1st Christmas.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• We're getting her yearly ornament, her stocking and a winter hat. Boring, but she won't know the difference and I have a feeling her grandparents are going to go crazy this year.
  • Clothing in larger sizes

Bottles and inchbug bands for daycare

Anything she will need until she is one.

I'm sure the grandparents will go crazy. 

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Maybe some small toys and books.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • This is the first year we'll be having Xmas at home instead of on the road with one of our families, so I'm excited to finally get a tree and decorate. LO will definitely be getting a stocking and ornament, and then maybe if there are things left from the registry that he didn't need right away, like toys or baby spoons/sippy cups, he'll get those as well. 
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespedi:
    imagejbean2011:

Hanukkah overlaps with Christmas this year, and I already know that he is going to be spoiled by both sides of the family.

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave out Hanukkah!  

No worries!  We are an interfaith family and we celebrate both.  It just makes for a lot of gift-giving during that time of year. Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm buying him a motorcycle.
  • I am def doing Christmas for this LO because my 1st DD is 4 1/2 and (bless her heart!) would be very concerned if Santa didn't bring any gifts for her baby sister! Santa always leaves one big gift out unwrapped so for baby it will probably be some kind of "ride on" toy she will be able to use way later on. We will just store it in the attic until shes ready :) O and I do the Christmas ornament every year for my DD and she LOVES it. Someone passed along a tip to write a message on the box expressing why you bought it, what year it was etc. which has been great because every year when we decorate the tree we can explain each one to her!
  • I always do my shopping as early as possible, so I pretty much know when I'm getting for the baby Embarrassed

LO is getting one of those taggie blankets, a rattle, a Sophie giraffe, their yearly Christmas ornament, their yearly pair of Christmas PJs (we all get new PJs on Christmas Eve), and a Christmas stocking (but I don't know if that counts as a gift).

ETA: We've also started shopping for DS (2 years old). I got him a drum with drum sticks, and DH got him a bunch of Cars toys for his stocking. He will get the PJs and ornament, etc, and we are going to get him the Where The Wild Things Are book.

Both kids will get sooo spoiled by family that we just want to keep it simple.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"