April 2011 Moms

when to start things/ food?

My LO is 5 months and we have been eating cereal and in the process of starting stage 1 foods for the last two weeks.  When can I give LO the puffs (melts in mouth) and table food?  When would you start introducing sippy cups?  Just wondering.  I ask family members and get wishy washy answers.  I get frustrated some times.

Re: when to start things/ food?

• I am introducing sippy cups now. I'm not sure about table food. 
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We introduced a sippy cup several weeks ago. She still hasn't gotten the hang of it but we offer it to her with her solids.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven't started solids yet but DS has a sippy cup from which he likes to practice drinking water (just a little bit).
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I introduced a sippy cup with a straw at 5 ms, and Puffs at 6 ms.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LO practices with a sippy cup when he eats baby food, we have also given him a straw, which he is really good at.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read puffs when they can sit up unsupported. I haven't started sippy cup, but daycare gave her bottle to her without the nipple when she refused it this week and she did fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We haven't started anything. My pedi wanted us to wait until at least 6 months. And if Edmund hadn't had surgery at that point to wait until he had had his first surgery. We plan on starting solids at 6 months since his first surgery will happen at 5m1w.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • We're still doing the stage 1 solids with the twins right now. With C we didn't start puffs until around 8 months and water at around 9 months. I think we started small servings of table foods around the same time (shredded cheese, cut up grapes, cut up bananas, etc.). We have the twins' six month appt on Tuesday so we'll probably talk to the pedi about the next step then.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • LO never really too a bottle, so when I went back to work when she was 5 months old she started the sippy cup.  We haven't started any solids yet, but that all changes tonight Smile

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"