Upstate NY Babies

WWYD - Christmas Cards

I know it is early, but I thought about it looking at a cute birth announcement hanging on our fridge this morning.  I'm due in the beginning on Jan.  Do you think it would be weird to send out the Christmas card along with the birth announcment in the beginning of January in the same envelope?  (Not a combination card, but 2 seperate photo cards in 1 envelope)  Would I have to write on the Christmas card something about belated or no?  Usually we send out our Christmas cards in early December, but I know we get cards from other people right up until Christmas and sometimes a couple days late.  But is 2ish weeks after Christmas just too late?

Re: WWYD - Christmas Cards

• You could do a joint card and say something like, we hope you had a wonderful holiday season, our was filled with lots of love and joy.  Or something like that.  But to answer your question I wouldn't think it was weird just seems like more work to make two cards.
  • If you *want* to do 2 cards, I wouldn't think that is wierd, but personally I would probably just wait and do a "happy Holidays/Happy New Year" kind of wintery deal and just do the one card...
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do a happy new year card and a birth announcement in the same envelope.  A Christmas card late would be kinda strange.

Bianca image.
  • imageBianca42:

I would do a happy new year card and a birth announcement in the same envelope.  A Christmas card late would be kinda strange.

I agree....although I wouldn't think much of it if I knew you were a few weeks away from having a baby!  

• Why not send out some Valentines Day Cards and include the announcement with those?

• imageJune4bride2be:
    imageBianca42:

I would do a happy new year card and a birth announcement in the same envelope.  A Christmas card late would be kinda strange.

I agree....although I wouldn't think much of it if I knew you were a few weeks away from having a baby!  

This!  :o)

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would just do one card after the baby is born. Personally I would understand you not sending out Christmas Cards when you are 9 months pg! So I would just do a wintery announcement and say you hope everyone had a happy holiday season.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsRichardson915:
    I would just do one card after the baby is born. Personally I would understand you not sending out Christmas Cards when you are 9 months pg! So I would just do a wintery announcement and say you hope everyone had a happy holiday season.

I was thinking this... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nah - I don't get the point of it. You'll just look like you are trying to save on stamps, hehe! If you are worried about time/energy - just print out address labels and get a photo card and you can stuff and label in 10 minutes.

Either that - or just do one.

• Ya, it is more just the time and effort.  But I think the printing 2 sets of labels is a good idea and I will just get the baby envelopes all set at the end of November when I am preparing the Christmas envelopes.  That way all I will have to do is stuff and seal after the baby is born.

I don't think I can do just one combined card.  Or skip the Christmas card.  It will throw off the baby books haha.

• imageMrsRichardson915:
    I would just do one card after the baby is born. Personally I would understand you not sending out Christmas Cards when you are 9 months pg! So I would just do a wintery announcement and say you hope everyone had a happy holiday season.

I would do this. I think people would understand you not sending out Christmas cards. No need to go through the added expense of both.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"