December 2010 Moms

If you still feel like you have lots of lbs to lose come in...

I am having some mental roadblocks with losing weight and was wondering if we could chat. :) It seems like everyone I know IRL gets back to pre-preg wait very quickly. Sure, maybe they have an extra 5lbs of squishy-ness or so (and boy do they complain about how "fat" they are when their size 2 jeans are snug Huh?) but overall they look great.

I, on the other hand, am still 15lbs over pp weight, and it's all in my belly. I still can't wear anything other than maternity bottoms. I'm only 5'4, so I pretty much look 6 months pregnant. I tried to buy a couple of transition pants, but in order to get big enough for my belly they were literally hanging off my butt and legs.

I have been trying at about a B- level, if I were to grade myself. I just don't have my heart in it - I need to be going at an A+.

Now that LO has been "out" longer than "in" I have really started to wonder why I can't get motivated.  

I think part of it is that I sometimes feel like I'll never feel like me again - I'll never be able to lose the weight, etc. Then I come up with excuses... maybe I'm one of the people that doesn't lose until they stop BFing, maybe it's because I haven't gotten much sleep since LO was born... etc.

There's not much point to this, just wondering if anyone else out there feels like this and is having a hard time getting motivated. I just don't have the will power that I used to and I don't know how much of it is psychological and how much is just because of legitimate lifestyle change.

Re: If you still feel like you have lots of lbs to lose come in...

• Me! I actually dropped everything + 10 lbs right after birth then it came back on! So annoying! I was doing really well exercising (using 30 Day Shred and her 6 Week 6 Pack videos) then we had the hurricane and were without power for 8 days followed by getting sick and then DS teething and not napping for more than 30 minutes. I've been trying to at least get out and walk with him in the afternoons on nice days but it's not enough. And I've been eating like crap because I have my period. So I really need to get back into it next week. 

It's just hard. Sleep deprivation also plays a big part in weight gain/not losing and I know the two of us were not blessed with good sleepers. Plus, I hold a tiny bit of hope that weaning will help at least a couple lbs. fall off but we'll see. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost a ton of weight in the first four weeks.  Everything after that has been very gradual.  I notice the extra 10 pounds in my stomach, face and arms!  I don't feel cute.  I also really want to get fit again.  My excuse is that teaching all day wears me out.  I only see J for 3 hours a day and cannot fathom taking time away from him to exercise. By  the time he goes to bed, I am spent. 
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshaw:
    I lost a ton of weight in the first four weeks.  Everything after that has been very gradual.  I notice the extra 10 pounds in my stomach, face and arms!  I don't feel cute.  I also really want to get fit again.  My excuse is that teaching all day wears me out.  I only see J for 3 hours a day and cannot fathom taking time away from him to exercise. By  the time he goes to bed, I am spent. 

This. I just don't make exercising a priority. 

OP - This may sound really silly, but do you have a Wii? Before my wedding, I used the EA Active (NOT Wii Fit) game almost every day and lost weight and inches! Its quick, easy, and most importantly for me - cheap and fun. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I'm still 20 lb+ prepg weight and I hate it. But in the fight between sleep/playing with LO or exercise sleep and the LO always win.  Plus DH is still out of work, so we have to eat cheap, and it's so hard to eat healthy cheaply.  I feel miserable, and I'm still wear a ton of maternity wear. 

Oh, and my body is so weirdly shaped with it being all wide and lumpy I can't fit properly into any pants.  Crying  I'm hoping for some renewed energy after the holidays when I'm done bf and LO hopefully is sleeping well consistantly. 

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • i fit in the 5lbs baby weight postpreg category.  and its allllll in my tummy.  i have a few pair of jeans that fit but most still dont.  i usually wear my stretchy leggings.  i would give myself a D grade because i dont work out or eat healthy.  i get bursts of motivation that last a week and then i start making excuses.  my biggest one is that i'll get my prepreg body back and all of a sudden get pregnant again and get all fat and ruin my body again... so theres no point in getting my prepreg body back if its for nothing.  so dumb i know.  but im a lazy fart so its my fault i cant get this last 5lbs off.

anyway, thats my ramblings on my baby weight.  GL to you.  your're not alone! 

• I am still 15 lb + prepg weight and it seems to be all in my belly, arms and upper back. I hate looking at myself, I can't get any shirt to look cute thats in my closet (other then maternity onces and yes I am still wearing my maternity shirts) and I don't want to buy any because I keep thinking I will lose it. It almost seems like the more mobile she becomes the less I work out, I can't diet I am alway hungry I hope this will stop when I am done nursing.
  • imageSeussicalOne:

Me! I actually dropped everything + 10 lbs right after birth then it came back on! So annoying! I was doing really well exercising (using 30 Day Shred and her 6 Week 6 Pack videos) then we had the hurricane and were without power for 8 days followed by getting sick and then DS teething and not napping for more than 30 minutes. I've been trying to at least get out and walk with him in the afternoons on nice days but it's not enough. And I've been eating like crap because I have my period. So I really need to get back into it next week. 

It's just hard. Sleep deprivation also plays a big part in weight gain/not losing and I know the two of us were not blessed with good sleepers. Plus, I hold a tiny bit of hope that weaning will help at least a couple lbs. fall off but we'll see. 

This is me too.  I actually weigh more now than I did PP.  I know it is because of my poor choices, but I just continue making them.  At work I signed up for a weight loss challenge, paid $10, and still haven't done much. 

I have no excuse as far as LO sleeping.  J is in bed by 7 every night.  I could def. do something after he sleeps, but I don't.  I have a wii, with the wii fit, Jillian Michaels game & zumba game, but don't use them.  I seriously need a swift kick in the butt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooh! Me! I keep kicking myself for not exercising earlier in the year and losing the weight sooner. Now I am a full time student and practically a single mom because DH works so much so I don't have much spare time between studying and DS. I've been doing this whole lose a few lbs, gain a few lbs, thing for a few months now and its really getting me down Sad I just need to bite the bullet and try to find time to exercise and I need to get back to eating healthy. (oh, and I'm about 16lbs above PP weight which was about 50lbs above my normal weight... so I have a loooooong way to go!)
  • I'm still 20+lbs over my pre pg weight Sad  When I got as big as I did, everyone said, "oh, you'll have no problem losing it."  I don't know if that went to my head where I thought I didn't have to do anything to try and lose it, but here I am, nearly 10 months later Sad
  • Yeah, add me to the lost weight pp and then put it back on.  I was bout 8 lbs under my prepreg weight a month after G was born but I've put it back on and then some.  I'm about 1.5 lbs above what I weighed right before I got ku'd, but that was about 40 lbs more than I should be so...sigh.  This has been very difficult.  And, honestly, it's not a lack of working out.  I've always been highly motivated to work out.  But, my body sucks and if I don't eat perfectly I pack on pounds.  That's where I really need the help.

eta:  I don't even eat a ton, but it hasn't been very healthy food and it's kicking me in the behind.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • So glad I am not alone! I was doing so well on weight watchers for awhile but really have not been making an effort lately. I need to get back on track.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Yeah I am 10 lbs above my prepreg weight. However, I can mostly wear my old clothes so it's not that bad. But I'm doing nothing to get rid of that weight. I blame it on BFing but I should blame it on my diet and mostly lack of exercise. 

If you're serious about losing weight I recommend counting calories using a service like fitday.com. That worked for me in the past...but right now I don't feel motivated enough to do it. I would up the exercise if I had time, though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My weight isn't really that far off from pre-pg weight, but this pooch is horrible.  My pants don't fit me because they don't fit over the pooch.  My shirts are too tight...or they're not long enough to cover my fat stomach.   I have always been thin, so this change in my body is really disheartening.  My dad asked me if I'm pregnant again.  My mom told me to "pull in" my stomach when we had a family photo the other day.   I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself.  Every day I tell myself I am going to really focus on eathing healthy and getting some exercise in....but it never happens.  It's depressing, actually.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • still 15lbs up.......its terrible!!! just started the 30 day shred so hopefully is will jump start my weight loss........dreading halloween candy time - chocolate is my weakness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"