October 2011 Moms

2nd time mom's - it's so different this time???

Just wondering if others feel this way too.  With DD I never had Braxton Hicks or any contractions whatsoever until I went into labor.

This pregnancy I've been having contractions for month's now.  I've also been feeling a lot of strong pressure way down low.  It kind of makes me uneasy thinking that I might be going into labor and not really realize it for a while.  I'm not really worried but it seems so amazing to me that things could be so different.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 2nd time mom's - it's so different this time???

• Same here as far as the BH goes. I never experienced them with DS, but I have had quite a few this time. I was hoping that it might be a sign of a faster, earlier labor (and by earlier, I just mean not late!). But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't remember DS being so painful when he moved around either, and he definitely didn't punch me in the crotch like this little girl does.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel the same way. Hoping I go around the same time I did with DD (38 weeks).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing about this pregnancy has been like my first one. I feel so different it's crazy. I can't count on anything being the same at this point. I am praying my L&D is similar to my first but I'm nervous that it will be completely different too.
  • SO different. I was so nauseated in 1st tri I lost weight and never had BH with my 1st! Also, I have been experiencing the crazy pressure (its like shes going to fall out!) which I never had with DD #1.
  • Well here's hoping we all have faster and more comfortable experiences the 2nd time around!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This time is way different for me too. And by different, I mean worse!! I liked being pregnant the first time! I had had my son by now last time. I didn't have and bh or false labor, but this time for the last month I have left like I was going into labor. Same as everyone else says, lots of contractions and pressure. It's hard to know what to except even as a second time mom!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• They've been very different. With DD I never felt a contraction or very uncomfortable. I was 2 weeks overdue and still had no contractions. WIth this one, I've been having contractions for weeks and they were two minutes apart last Friday and we spent 4 hours in L&D. They gave me some meds to stop them but they never completely went away. I'm still getting them. I'm just hoping by my next appointment on Tuesday that I've made some progress. I don't know if I can handle another 4 weeks of this pain and discomfort.

• Very different for me this time as well.  I loved being pregnant w/DS, it was great, never any complaints.  This time around not so much.  I've felt like crap most of the time.  BH contractions for months and the lower pressure pain for weeks now.  No baby yet though.  This is our last LO so I'm still trying to enjoy the little bit of time we have left.
  • The exact same thing is happening with me. It's crazy.

I was induced with DS because he was a week late, so I have no idea how it feels to have labour start gradually on it's own. I'm also concerned that I could be in labour and have no idea until things are really progressing. :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"