Cloth Diapering

Sunbabys 3.0 vs. 4.0...interesting

I am looking at getting some sunbabys but look what I found on their website...:

Sunbaby 3.0 one-size pocket diapers have a narrower crotch and a slimmer overall fit. They have a thicker more durable outer fabric. The 3.0s also have a smaller and narrower microfiber insert than the 4.0s.

Doesn't this sound like 3.0 is better than 4.0? Anyone use these and know what's up with them and if the 4.0's are good?

kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

Re: Sunbabys 3.0 vs. 4.0...interesting

• I have the sun baby 3.0 and I like them.  I do have some leaks with them and I am not sure if it is just how the diapers are.  They are really in expensive.  I use them at home but not when we out.  I have had leaks with my Fuzzi Bunz too though.  In the thigh area around the legs.  

I started using them on DD when she was 4 months old and they fit fine and now at almost 8 months they still fit fine on the first setting.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you tell a 3.0 v. 4.0 just by looking at them?  I'm curious because I got some from a garage sale for $1 each.  They suck.  They leak horribly, and I figured it's because my kid is a heavy wetter.  She was already over a year old by the time I got them so I am going to try them on the next baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Syntax:
    Can you tell a 3.0 v. 4.0 just by looking at them?  I'm curious because I got some from a garage sale for $1 each.  They suck.  They leak horribly, and I figured it's because my kid is a heavy wetter.  She was already over a year old by the time I got them so I am going to try them on the next baby. 

$1.00 at a garage sale!! dang. I don't know if you can tell the difference. They only have 4.0's on the sunbaby website. Someone said they were good...but I don't like what I am hearing on here so far.

kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

• If the 3.0 is smaller than the 4.0, there is no way those diapers will last you through toddlerhood.  The 4.0s are the smallest pockets I have by far.  And thicker fabric might be more durable, but thinner will allow your baby to move a little easier and probably give you a better fit, I'd think.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Just another update on these diapers.  I changed DD at 12:10 put her down for a nap at 12:20, she got up at 1:15 and the diaper and leaked from the top and she was wet through her clothes.  

Not sure why but these really do leak for me.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 12 Sunbaby 4.0s and we have been using them since around 12 months (that is when we switched) and I got kawaii microfiber inserts to put in them for a double which after that I never had leaks or anything (I had only just recently started having leaks because DD is a medium to heavy wetter she is 26 months) 

They are a much smaller "one size" than any other I have and they fit DD but she is skinny and a chubbier kid they probably wouldn't fit that long.  

We actually just sold them to kind of destash and my friend wanted to switch and I gave hera good deal on them.   She has a nine month old and she loves them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • a lot of the really horrible reviews are aimed at the 3.0s

They only sell the 4.0s now anyway. Since the 4.0s came out I see a lot more favorable reviews.

In two weeks I'm throwing money at them to see how they work

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"