November 2011 Moms

figuring out baby's position?

I am almost 34 weeks, and was told at 30 that my baby boy was breech. I've been trying to feel from the outside exactly, which parts are what rolling around/kicking me. Hopefully he has turned by now...some of the movements and positions are a little different. Any tips on identifying what parts feel like when touching them? thanks!

Re: figuring out baby's position?

• Spinning Babies has good info on how to tell your baby's position (they call it "belly mapping"):

https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

The easiest way I can tell where her head is when she hiccups. I knew when she turned head down because I could feel the hiccups down below.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecatrinawaves:

Spinning Babies has good info on how to tell your baby's position (they call it "belly mapping"):

The easiest way I can tell where her head is when she hiccups. I knew when she turned head down because I could feel the hiccups down below.

This for me too.

Even my OB said yesterday that, at this point, it's still kind of hard to tell the head and the butt apart. But, I feel hiccups low on the left side, and get my hardest kicks on the upper-ish right. Plus, I have been having some "upper right quadrant" pain that she thought was being cause by the baby and not gallbladder/liver issues. (Though they are testing me anyway.) So, my educated guess was that s/he is head down, curling up with the legs on my right side. My OB agreed, but said she'd probably be able to tell for sure at the next appointment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelittlewinnie15:
    imagecatrinawaves:

Spinning Babies has good info on how to tell your baby's position (they call it "belly mapping"):

This for me too.

Even my OB said yesterday that, at this point, it's still kind of hard to tell the head and the butt apart. But, I feel hiccups low on the left side, and get my hardest kicks on the upper-ish right. Plus, I have been having some "upper right quadrant" pain that she thought was being cause by the baby and not gallbladder/liver issues. (Though they are testing me anyway.) So, my educated guess was that s/he is head down, curling up with the legs on my right side. My OB agreed, but said she'd probably be able to tell for sure at the next appointment.

this is almost exactly what I am feeling except that the hiccups are on the left middle sometimes near my belly button....not so much down low

• imagecaradull:

this is almost exactly what I am feeling except that the hiccups are on the left middle sometimes near my belly button....not so much down low

I feel mine about an inch above where my hairline starts. So mine are a bit lower than yours, but I know I've been carrying low the whole pregnancy. If they're in the middle, I think it'd be really hard to tell because it seems like it could go either way.

Are you feeling kicks above where you feel the hiccups, or below? If you are feeling kicks above, I'd say it sounds like there's a chance baby could be head down and just not have dropped yet.

• Not to be a pain but I had hiccups down low with DD and she was as breech as breech could be.

The thing that triggered me was that all my kicks were down low, I would get bumps at the top of my belly but now a whole lot of "kicks".  This baby is pretty much the same way.  She was headdown for a little while and there was a huge difference, I finally realized what people meant when they could feel body parts and see the movement.

• imagelittlewinnie15:
    imagecaradull:

I feel mine about an inch above where my hairline starts. So mine are a bit lower than yours, but I know I've been carrying low the whole pregnancy. If they're in the middle, I think it'd be really hard to tell because it seems like it could go either way.

Are you feeling kicks above where you feel the hiccups, or below? If you are feeling kicks above, I'd say it sounds like there's a chance baby could be head down and just not have dropped yet.

kicks are above the hiccups on the upper right side, hiccups are on the left middle of belly. I have been carrying the whole time low though....but was breech at my 30 week ultrasound. hmmm.... hopefully they can tell me more at next week's appt. 

• imagejnealet:

Not to be a pain but I had hiccups down low with DD and she was as breech as breech could be.

The thing that triggered me was that all my kicks were down low, I would get bumps at the top of my belly but now a whole lot of "kicks".  This baby is pretty much the same way.  She was headdown for a little while and there was a huge difference, I finally realized what people meant when they could feel body parts and see the movement.

No, I could totally see that too. It is just so hard to tell!! I was guessing on mine based on the low hiccups and high kicks combined... but still, I definitely can't say for sure if mine is head down either.

Hopefully it is easier to tell the further along we get! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"