Secondary IF
Options

Calling All Graduates!

Hello!  I'll be posting the update later today but I just wanted to send a special shout-out to all the 2IF graduates - how are you ladies doing?  How are you feeling?  I miss seeing some of your faces around here but am SO glad you are all on the graduate list!  Please, stop by and post a Hello & Update for us! 

Smile

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Calling All Graduates!

• Options

I posted earlier this week so far so good.  I am kinda freaking out a bit cause the only symptoms I have is tender breasts and tired here and there.  I am only 5 weeks so I guess more can come. 

I hope everyone gets their BFPs soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi there! I had my baby girl, Evangeline, a month ago. She is perfect in every way. It was a very difficult pregnancy full of complications, but worth every second of it. She is a very easy baby and I love watching my son finally as a big brother. 

Amanda-It has been a hard road for you. We came to the board around the same time and I always check in to see updates from you. Lots of luck in your second IVF.

JMay- I hope you get your bfp soon. It'll happen, I know it. Please send my sympathy to Mrs.T. I remember her and am devastated to hear what happened to her son.

Hope4us- Congrats on your girl. Hope you have a great pregnancy.

Hoping4more- I hope all the drama in your life goes away and you can lead the carefree life you deserve. 

To all the ladies, never give up hope. My advice: don't worry about the age difference of your kids. Your kids will have a close relationship regardless of their ages. My kids are almost 5 years apart because it took us so long to get pg again and I believe it is perfect for our family. 

2IF is one of the hardest things I've ever gone through and trust me, I've been through a lot in my life. Just keep hope alive  and never give up on your dream.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have my first OB appointment this week.  They're sending me to a high risk OB who will probably do the delivery.  Baby has looked good on all the ultrasounds.

I have insomnia.  I wake up every morning between 2-5.  I think I'm stressed about losing this baby too.

Started to go through DS's baby stuff.  We kept everything.  We moved cross country and back while he was a baby and I'm really suprised how much stuff we're going to have to replace-missing pieces, recalled, etc. 

• Options
    imageAmer19:

Amanda-It has been a hard road for you. We came to the board around the same time and I always check in to see updates from you. Lots of luck in your second IVF.

Oh my goodnes...I am so so happy for you!  I can't believe beautiful Evangeline is here.  Many congrats to you!  Please continue to keep us posted. 

Thanks so much for the love!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
  • Options
    imageAmer19:

Hoping4more- I hope all the drama in your life goes away and you can lead the carefree life you deserve. 

Congrats on your little girl! We would love to see a picture if you are willing to share?

Thank you for your kind words, we hope things get settled quickly too! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
  • Options

Congratulations on Evangeline!  That's a beautiful name. :)  And thank you for your kind and wise words.  I'd also love to see a pic if you are willing to post.  Best wishes for you and your family!

Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    imagePhotobucket' mce_src='Photobucket'>sorry, couldn't get the pic to post so I tried again
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Options
    pic
  • Options

I am going pretty good, especially now that I am further along.  I can't believe I am almost in my 3rd tri.  Lately, I keep having some crazy dreams though (I don't remember having these with DS).  I am also hoping to go this weekend for my 3d/4d U/S.  Crossing my fingers she doesn't put her hands infront of her face like last time.  I'll post an updated pic next week sometime.  I have an OB appt on Monday and I think she will want me to schedule my c-sec date.  My DH and I finally ordered our nursery furniture, bought the bedding, and registered.  We have so many things to do before she comes (12 weeks or so is gonna fly by).

Thank you so much Amer19!  Congrats to you and your baby girl Evangeline.  She is absolutely beautiful.  Wishing you and your family all the best.

I am always praying for everyone else on here to graduate and I know it will happen soon.  Just don't give up hope!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

I stopped by to see if DSU posted any updates lately.

We're good.  The first six months after the babies were born were kind of like labor...I just blacked them out.  lol-

The year mark was like a light switch-a huge milestone for us.  Things all of a sudden have gotten easier, more manageable.  I'm really enjoying the babies and Emerson is great with them.  We are all in a very happy place right now.  I hope all is well with everyone! 

• Options

Hi.  I reckon I'm a graduate :-)  Doing okay.  Pregnancy this time around is rough.  I  am doing weekly PT for back and hip pain :(  Pregnancy with DS was pretty easy.  Even with all that, I am so, so, so glad to be here.  We also found out last week we are having a healthy girl.  DS knew it all along.  Only problem, is he wants to name the baby Guido :-)  We'll have to see about that.

So glad to hear how everyone is doing.  And am so hoping there are more graduates soon! 

TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• Options

imageAmer19:
    imageimage" mce_src="image">

Oosh! She is so cute!

We are all well.  The transition is a little challenging with DS1, he is so rough with the baby!  But the baby is already cruising around so soon enough his big brother will have to back off because he'll be able to fight back.

I am having a few nursing issues right now, but have an appointment to have a breast ultrasound on Monday so hopefully that will lead to a solution to the pain. 

Other than that I am constantly calculating in my mind when I need to come back to try for #3.  Not before next June for sure though.  I'd like more spacing but I'm AMA and worry about waiting too long.

Good luck to everyone who is cycling or in the 2ww.  I hope you all get your bfps soon :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAmer19:

To all the ladies, never give up hope. My advice: don't worry about the age difference of your kids. Your kids will have a close relationship regardless of their ages. My kids are almost 5 years apart because it took us so long to get pg again and I believe it is perfect for our family. 

Thank you for saying this...I struggle with this a lot.  I wanted 2u2 so bad and never thought I'd having trouble having #2.  Now we are looking at 2U3 IF all goes well.  Thank you :)

• Options
    imageelectricdoctor83:
    imageAmer19:

Thank you for saying this...I struggle with this a lot.  I wanted 2u2 so bad and never thought I'd having trouble having #2.  Now we are looking at 2U3 IF all goes well.  Thank you :)

2U3 sounds like a perfect age gap!! It is true, I have 5 siblings in my family all conceived easily. The first 4 are 20-24 months apart each, and the last two were 5 years. They are actually the closest out of all of us!

We are doing well. Swimming along! DS1 started preschool and is doing well. DS2 is a sweet loving baby, and DD is a wild child!

We would love two more but will not pursue treatments (at least now that is the plan) DD was a surprise after two IF babies, so who knows.  

• Options

HI!

So, I guess I'm not as "absent" from here as some of the other graduates Embarrassed. I really try to show some self-restraint when it comes to posting, but I just care about everyone's journey so much that I can't help myself sometimes. I'm sorry if it bothers anyone.

Things over here are going fairly well. My stomach has finally calmed down about 75% of the time, so that's a bonus. Had a head-spinning appointment at the OB this week. I have an auto-immune disorder that affects my blood platelets, so my OB starting talking about putting me on steriods and inducing me once I'm full term to take advantage of my platelet count being high from the meds. The count now is about the same as they were with DD and my OB then let me go into labour on my own and was fine with it, so I guess my new OB is a little overly cautious. I'm also going for growth ultrasounds and will start weekly non-stress tests soon to monitor baby because of a possible issue with the placenta. If placenta function becomes an issue, we may be talking c-section, which again relates back to my platelet count and bleeding risk, which is a little scary. I'm trying to take it all in stride and not stress about anything until delivery gets closer.

I still keep up with everything that's going on with you all. I know some of you have stopped ART or are coming to terms with the soon-to-be end of TTC, and it really breaks my heart that women and families have to go through IF at all. HUGS to all of you who need them.

And if I can say one thing about age gaps - I was so upset that we weren't going to have two kids close together in the beginning, so I know the anxiety that you ladies are feeling. I must say though, it has been a pure joy to be expecting #2 while DD is older (she'll be 5 in a couple of weeks!), and to have her be a part of the whole process. It's so much fun that she understands and plans for the baby in her own way (helping with the baby laundry, setting up things in the nursery, saving her toys for her brother or sister). It really warms my heart that she'll have memories of our family of three as well as our new life with another child. I think the larger age gap will be just perfect! Looking back now, I realize that stressing myself out about the age gap between kids was definitely not a good use of my head and heart space, especially given the emotional strife 2IF causes anyway. Regardless of how your children are spaced, your family will be just perfect :)

Lots of love to you ladies :)

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options

imagetosh24:
    Regardless of how your children are spaced, your family will be just perfect :)

This. :)

I'm still here as well!  Elena will be 10 months old next week.  It goes by SO fast -- I still think of her as being about 4 months old, LOL.  Well, except when I'm buying her clothes, since she needs 18 months in some cases!  Kira was still in 6 months clothes at this point.  I looked at Kira's first Halloween photo about half an hour ago and realized she was just a day older than Elena is today, and I thought Kira was so grown up then....

Much love to everyone!!!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

Hi!

We are doing well, Shiloh is 8.5 months old:o) Elijah is a great big brother, and after a few rough months in the beginning, he is getting used to sharing the spotlight. I go back to work on Monday; I'm going to miss being home with them.

Good to hear updates from everyone, and wishing all of you lovely ladies the best---the journey is so challenging, but often you're rewarded when you least expect it!

• Options
    Hi! I've been a lurker lately on TB on general so please don't take it personally. I had to eliminate most of my Bump time at work so that has been making it hard to catch up at night. My u/s in Monday which is unbelievable because I feel like I just POAS a few months ago. Wierd. Anyway, I still come to see how you're all doing and am still cheering you on!
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

My update is that Cora was born via vbac 2 years to the day from when we terminated my 2nd pregnancy.  She finally made her way to us and I guess she just really likes September 30th.  She is healthy, I survived labor (with an epi though) and we are home settling in :)

Wishing all the best for my 2IF ladies!

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options
    imageougrad1:

I stopped by to see if DSU posted any updates lately.

We're good.  The first six months after the babies were born were kind of like labor...I just blacked them out.  lol-

The year mark was like a light switch-a huge milestone for us.  Things all of a sudden have gotten easier, more manageable.  I'm really enjoying the babies and Emerson is great with them.  We are all in a very happy place right now.  I hope all is well with everyone! 

Wow - time flies.  The twins are beautiful!  Happy Birthday to Hudson and Landry!

Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options

imageAmer19:
    imageimage" mce_src="image">

She's Beautiful!

Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    imagealchris:

imagetosh24:
    Regardless of how your children are spaced, your family will be just perfect :)

This. :)

I'm still here as well!  Elena will be 10 months old next week.  It goes by SO fast -- I still think of her as being about 4 months old, LOL.  Well, except when I'm buying her clothes, since she needs 18 months in some cases!  Kira was still in 6 months clothes at this point.  I looked at Kira's first Halloween photo about half an hour ago and realized she was just a day older than Elena is today, and I thought Kira was so grown up then....

Much love to everyone!!!

I love this photo!  Your girls are so cute together - I love their smiles!

Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    Aw, thanks so much!  It was a photo of Elena but Kira just wanted to hug her and so she ran over.  Kira never smiles just for Mommy's camera, LOL! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"