TTC After a Loss

yeast infection during the 2ww... what to do?

I had a sinus infection last week and am on day 9 of a 10-day course of antibiotics.  One of the many fun side effects seems to be a yeast infection from what Dr. Google has told me.  Dr.Google also said to not treat it yourself if you're pregnant, and while I'm pretty sure our timing was bad this month, I don't want to risk it.  And the only pregnancy-safe treatment seems to be a vaginal one, and I don't want to mess with the prometrium I'm taking vaginally during the 2ww.

Is there even anything a (real) doctor can do to treat it at this point? It's not unbearable but is definitely getting increasingly uncomfortable.  Would you wait it out to see if it gets better after the antibiotics are done or go ahead and try to get treated?  

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
*folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012

Re: yeast infection during the 2ww... what to do?

• I do not have any answers, but I wanted to wish you luck that it clears up quickly for you.

Do you eat/like yogurt?  I know that when I take Antibiotics I have to eat yogurt daily or I will get a YI.  Maybe the Yogurt will help clear it up too?

BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I didn't see PGAL welcome, but I wanted to help with this since no one else had yet. 

**TICKER WARNING**

When I was pregnant the 1st time, but the doctor was 90% sure that I was having a miscarriage, they still wanted to put me on a prescription med for a YI I got that was safe for pregnancy.  I would call you Dr. and tell them that it is possible you might be pregnant this cycle, are on prometrium, and see if they can give you a script.  Maybe there is an oral form to treat a YI.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechloebeth930:

I didn't see PGAL welcome, but I wanted to help with this since no one else had yet. 

**TICKER WARNING**

When I was pregnant the 1st time, but the doctor was 90% sure that I was having a miscarriage, they still wanted to put me on a prescription med for a YI I got that was safe for pregnancy.  I would call you Dr. and tell them that it is possible you might be pregnant this cycle, are on prometrium, and see if they can give you a script.  Maybe there is an oral form to treat a YI.

PGAL always welcome IMO! :)

From what I read, only vaginal YI treatments are safe for pregnancy.  But yeah, if this hasn't cleared up by Monday after I stop taking the antibiotics tomorrow morning... a call to my Dr might be in order anyway.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • This is going to sound super gross, but I've actually used yogurt (plain, organic, no sugar added yogurt) vaginally for yeast infections.  I don't know if it would affect your other medication in there, but it really can help balance out the good bacteria in there!  You could probably try taking acidopholus too...I would research it first to be sure, but I always take it when I'm taking an antibiotic to keep me from getting yeast infections and it works every time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"