Baby Showers

help with my hostess gift?!!

I think i'm going to steal an idea for a hostess gift from another bumpie, and do a movie night in basket. I really think my mom and my boyfriend's mom and sister would like this. The only problem is that my boyfriend's sister has Crohns disease and on a gluten free diet. I was just wondering if any of you knew anything about what kind of popcorn/candy is gluten free? I don't want to give her a gift full of stuff she can't eat. If not I guess i'll keep thinking of a different gift to give her. TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: help with my hostess gift?!!

• Read the ingredients list. Look for anything with wheat or barley in it. If it has either don't buy it.Things like chocolate would be good.

Also go to a natural food store like Whole Foods and they can suggest a ton of things.  They now have gluten free pretzels.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I love it!  My mom also doesn't eat popcorn (or any nuts, seeds, etc. for that matter) due to diverticulitis.  Seedless popcorn does exist - she's bought it off the internet and in specialty stores, though says it's not that great.  I would just focus on other treats instead (licorice, malt balls, jerky, bottle of wine, whatever her favorite snacks are).  I went to a co-ed wedding shower where the bride & groom were given a basket with the godfather dvds (movies someone knew they liked) and they included Italian wine, pasta, good quality marinara sauce, and Italian chocolates in the gift baskest.  Cute idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"