Success after IF
Options

Whoa, scary evening!

Everyone take a minute to hug and kiss those babies and hubbies! You never know when everything can be gone in an instant...

This afternoon we started getting a thunderstorm, the first in MANY months (I'm sure you've heard about our wildfires). Well, around 3:30 there was terrible lightning and my power went out. I saw this horrendous "flash" of light in my house so I called DH at work and told him I thought our house got struck by lightning... He got mad and thought I was being dramatic, so he hung up. Low and behold, the house behind me got hit!!!  I started seeing smoke pouring out from behind my detached garage, and within minutes their whole house was up in flames!!!!!

I don't know them, but it is my understanding that they have a baby. Everyone got out safe, but their house is basically gone. It is just so sad and awful. I can't imagine losing all of my possessions in an instant. I know it's just material things, but it's your HOME, ya know? Thankfully everything is contained now and my house is safe.

On a lighter note...we had to escape because the flames were too close for comfort and we had no power in our house, so in a frenzy I grabbed a bag, threw some clothes and diapers in it, then jammed my ENTIRE freezer stash of breastmilk in it too!!!! I'm not willing to lose that liquid gold!!! Haha. All is well, and my milk is safe and frozen Stick out tongue

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whoa, scary evening!

• Options
    I'm glad you're safe!!! And I love that you rescued your stash!!!! (incidentally, when the fire in Steiner Ranch started - we live a few miles away - I moved important things to one room and stuck a couple of suitcases in there for quick packing!)
  • Options
    So glad you are safe.  That sounds so scary.  Nice work on saving the stash too.  DO you know how old there little one is?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that is so scary!  I'm so glad that you are all safe and that your neighbors are safe.  Very sad that they lost all their stuff, but no one was hurt and that's what's most important.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That poor family!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG!! That is crazy scary! I'm glad you and your family are ok and that everyone in the other house made it out safely. That's awful the house was ruined though :( Good thinking with the breastmilk!
  • Options
    How scary!! I'm absolutely terrified of thunder and lightening (have been for as long as I can remember)! So glad everyone got out and that your family is safe.

My DH's family's home burned to the ground in the '90's and they had to rebuild and replace everything. All the material things were easy to replace, except for their photographs, videos and other keepsakes. My MIL still gets teary-eyed when she remembers those things that she's lost.
  • Options
    So scary! I'm glad your neighbors are ok, but I can't imagine losing everything. Everyone is safe, which matters most of course. ((hugs))
  • Options
    how scary!!  I'm glad everyone is ok!!!
  • Options
    Wow! That's crazy! I am so glad that you, your family, and your BM stash are all safe :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"