Oregon Babies

Has anyone givin birth at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital?

I just moved to Vancouver and want to know my options for hospital and how well they follow birth plans, I plan on going natural and don't want to be pushed into something I don't feel comfortable in. Any advice is good advice :)

Re: Has anyone givin birth at Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital?

• My sister in law did and had a sucessful birth. I wish I was able to go there and have mine that I'm due to have in May. I have to go to Southwest Medical Center.
  • I found out today that I will be having my daughter at Southwest as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My cousin went in to legacy salmon creek for a natural childbirth in 2008 and recently had another natural childbirth this summer at Southwest. Between the two, she loved Southwest way more than Legacy and the midwives there were so much more willing to let HER decide what she wanted to do before, during and after labor. I am delivering any day now...at Southwest. Every time I mention it to people they act like it is the worst place just because it isn't new like Legacy. Except everyone I know that has delivered at Southwest has said nothing but good things about the renovated maternity ward, nurses, and overall care. Which I can't say the same about Legacy, when most of the people I know complain about switching rooms after delivery, bossy nurses, etc. My friend delivered at Legacy in June and the tub was not only broken (which they claimed they would fix but didn't), they had some food items stolen out of the special kitchen they have sent up for the moms and dads (even though their names were on the items), the nurses refused to give her sleeping aids the night she was induced so she was up 48 hours (which led to a fight between doctor and nurse), and the thermostat in her delivery room was stuck on 75 degrees so it was hotter than hell. So I am glad I will be delivering at Southwest. I was just there in Labor and Delivery triage a few nights ago and the nurses were so sweet! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I had DD at southwest too. I had a wonderful experience. I can not say enough good things about the nurses/dr's there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"