Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you're LO goes down at 8ish, do you wake to dream feed?

My LO is 7 weeks, formula fed.  He goes down about 8 and gets up usually around 3 to eat, but lately he has been up at 12:30 and then 5:30 and this makes him ill the next day.

So, if you dream feed...

What time?

Does it help LO sleep longer?

Other tips? 

I'm not pushing him to sleep through the night, just in stretches that helps his mood the next day.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: If you're LO goes down at 8ish, do you wake to dream feed?

• Options
    My DS goes to bed around 8 too.  I don't wake him up to feed (dreamfeeding doesn't work with him) only because I've found he tends to wake up around 1:30 or 2 regardless of if I feed in between or not, so I don't want to disturb his longest stretch of sleep. 
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO goes down between 7:30 - 8.  I don't dream feed and he usually wakes up at 2:30  and then again at 6 - 6:30.  Since he has been giving me 6 - 7 hours in the first stretch I've been pretty satisfied.  I've been trying to go to bed at 9pm so I can get 5 straight hours which is like heaven! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO goes down at 730 and wakes up at 230 and 530.  I do not dream feed.  When he's ready to cut out a feeding he will, but my feeling is that letting him go longer stretches helps him to learn how to sleep longer stretches without food.  Sometimes he wakes up at 1230 or 130, but honestly I just think that's par for the course when you have a baby and I don't worry about it because he always reverts back to his normal schedule.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What is dream feeding?
  • Options
    No, I haven't tried it.  I never had much luck with it with DS#1 so I have been hesitant.  And LO actually slept 7 hours last night! If he keeps that up I might not try it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD eats around 830 and is in bed by 9 at latest. I do not dream feed with her because she gets up the same time regardless. She started sleeping 5 hour stretches then 6-7 hour stretches. The last 2 nights she slept from 9-630 and 9-715. GL and I hope your LO starts sleeping longer stretches for you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"