Success after IF

So how many times before it's definitely not a fluke?

Boodle rolled from back to tummy, while swaddled, twice Monday night (I rolled her back the first time and 5 minutes later she was on her stomach again). I thought it was probably a fluke so swaddled her still Tues and Weds. But last night she did it again. So at this point, I assume it's not a fluke and no more swaddles? Gratefully, she has yet to do it unswaddled, but I'm terrified that (a) she won't sleep unswaddled, and (b) far worse, she will roll and will want to sleep on her stomach which freaks me the hell out. I turned her brother back onto his back when he started doing the same - and he was 8.5 months old (he was a late roller).

Oh, and 5 minutes ago she did tummy to back. I was not expecting this after the precedent Toodle set (he had to be evaluated by EI for not rolling around 7 months - but rolled for the first time at his intake evaluation).

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***

Re: So how many times before it's definitely not a fluke?

• I wonder if it is just easier for her to roller being swaddled...kinda like a ball, you know  If you are concerned try swaddling more loosely or stop swaddling all together and see what happens.  I understand you dont want her to roll, I would freak out too.  But I also understand that you are nervous she wont sleep without the swaddle!
    Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
    Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
    2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
    Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sounds like you've got a roller on your hands! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMouseygail:
    sounds like you've got a roller on your hands! 

Ditto this. I'm not sure how you stop a baby from rolling. I never figured it out!

Elizabeth rolled back to stomach at 3.5 months and quickly became a stomach sleeper. It's one reason we kept her in our room until she was 6 months. She wasn't swaddled though, so that may have made it easier for her to roll.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd say not a fluke...I swaddled Graeme for 6 months and he never rolled while swaddled though if he had, I probably would have stopped.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I totally understand your concerns.   I also understand your hesitation to get rid of the swaddle cause you're afraid she won't sleep without it.  Perhaps you can put her in a sleep sack.  We had to ditch the swaddle for Ava and I wasn't sure she'd be willing to go cold turkey, so now she is in a sleep sack for who knows how long.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would think it is not a fluke! Jordana was a very early roller!
  • sounds like it's not a fluke! if it were me i would stop swaddling at this point to be on the safe side. crossing my fingers that she sleeps well either way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say not a fluke. I'd try and go without the swaddle, or at a minimum, arms out.

My pedi was adamant - once they can roll...let 'em sleep how they want.

• I vote not a fluke. I'd recommend switching to a sleep sack as PP suggested. FWIW, V started rolling whe he was around the same age as Boodle. We gave up the swaddle cold turkey and he never had an issue without it. Apparently, he was more ready to give it up than I was! I got really freaked out about him sleeping on his stomach at first, but I have learned to deal with it after he rolled onto his tummy for the eleventy billionth time because that is the only way he will sleep now. He has breathable bumpers, the ceiling fan running, no toys, blankets, etc. in his crib... and my mom constantly reminding me that my sister, my niece, and I all refused to sleep on our backs from day 1, and we're all ok.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• imageRoxBride:

I say not a fluke. I'd try and go without the swaddle, or at a minimum, arms out.

My pedi was adamant - once they can roll...let 'em sleep how they want.

Ditto this. I can't wait for DS to roll back to tummy because he loves sleeping on his tummy but I don't let him stay that way. Once he can get there on his own I will lose the swaddle and let him be!

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JJ was rolling really early due to drowning in spit up, he would freak and kick himself over to get rid of it.  At around 3 months he started rolling and getting stuck when he did not have spit up and I still thought it was a fluke because he was so random.  Now, rolling all the time every possible direction.  We have had to ditch the swaddle.  I am sad.  Not going well this time around (Ry ditched it so easily).  Add in his first cold at the same time as ditching the swaddle and practicing a new skill...needless-to-say I am not getting a lot of sleep.  

I hate to say it, but I think you need to ditch the swaddle.  I hope it goes smoothly. 

• What about swaddling her with an Aidan and Anais (sp?) blanket? They are very breatheable and you might worry less if she got it over her face. Or, you could cut a little square off one to use as a lovey so she has something to hold.
  • imagenicolita14w:
    What about swaddling her with an Aidan and Anais (sp?) blanket? They are very breatheable and you might worry less if she got it over her face. Or, you could cut a little square off one to use as a lovey so she has something to hold.

We actually were swaddling with these until recently when she started getting it undone and putting the blanket over her face so we've been using swaddle mes the last few weeks. And now she's rolling. I do have an Aden & Anais lovey I may try if she needs a lovey. Last night she eventually fell asleep unswaddled and STTN but I don't have high hopes it will be consistent. I had to give her a lovey though which I removed once she was asleep.

ETA: People must have thought this was a surprise BFP #2 post based on the view count! LOL.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"