Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pain

With my first m/c, I had a D&C because I didn't expel everything, and I feel like the pain went away within one day.  This time around I didn't need a D&C.  It has been 3 days and I am still experiencing some pretty intense cramping. I am just curious how long this has lasted for others. (These 4 advils I am taking every 6-8 hours don't seem to be cutting it.) 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Pain

• Options
    Sorry to hear you are still cramping, that sucks. I know everyone is different, for me it lasted 4 days with day 3 being the worst. Today (day 5) cramps are gone, still bleeding though. I have my fingers crossed that it eases soon for you.
  • Options

Today has been the worst for me too! I had thought maybe because i went to work yesterday (I left before lunch bc of the pain) and was on my feet that it had increased the pain.  So today i literally moved from bed to couch and not much more then that.. Thank you so much for some insight!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry for your loss and to hear you are having intense cramps.

I had horrible cramps on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (Tuesday's were so bad I was doubled over in pain, crying, and trying to breathe through them like labor pains). Tuesday night I took misoprostol to speed up the process and had some cramps Tuesday night until I passed it then had mild cramps all day Wednesday. Nothing yesterday or today.

Can you take something stronger? My doctor prescribed me hydrocodone with acetaminophen and ibuprofen 600 mg and those helped a lot. Also, a heating pad and walking helped me too (I had to take the dog out when my cramps were pretty bad and they seemed to lighten up a bit while we were outside). 

Hoping your cramps stop soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My first two d&c's I don't remember experiencing any cramping afterwards. But this time I have been having cramping on and off. I think every experience is different, but if you are concerned, I would say call your doctor with your questions to give you ease of mind. I'm sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"