Cloth Diapering

My pail liner stinks

I have a planetwise pail liner and it smells like pee.  What can I do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My pail liner stinks

• I'm guessing this is after you wash it?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That is correct.  Two weekends ago, we went away for the weekend, and I left wet CDs and the pail liner on the rack in my living room to dry.  When I came home the living room smelled like pee a little.  I smelled the diapers and the inserts and no stink, but when I put the pail liner in the can, I smelled pee.  Then again today I was putting the pail liner in the can and I smelled pee.  Yuck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe wash the pail?  I know it was several weeks before I realized I should probably do that - I just wipe it down with whatever kitchen cleaning wipes I have on hand.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageanotherNJbride:
    Maybe wash the pail?  I know it was several weeks before I realized I should probably do that - I just wipe it down with whatever kitchen cleaning wipes I have on hand.

Ditto this. If we don't rinse out the pail every once in a while, it gets on the outside of the liner and smells bad.

• My PW hanging wet bags do too, and there is no pail to wash with them.  They almost smell worse after washing...or there are no dirty diapers to blame the smell on at least.  I am considering bleaching my MF inserts (no real odour issues, but feel like they might be coming, and I think I might try and do this every few months), and am considering adding the bags.  Their site says not to, it will damage PUL, but it also says washing with aplix can tear it, washing or drying on anything above warm (and I wash with hot and occassionally dry on hot) or the sun when line drying will also damage the PUL...
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"