Infertility
Options

Beta #1 & #2 -- looking good

I had my first beta on Tuesday, when I was in the hospital for OHSS. Didn't learn the number until today: 201 at 15dpET/10dp5dt. Today's result: 367. Looks like I'm on track so far. *phew* My RE wants me to do beta #3 tomorrow and beta #4 on Monday.

Trying so hard not to get TOO excited, but it's so tough! I've wanted this for so long and I hope with all of my being that this pregnancy sticks. So far I've only told my DH (duh), my parents, his parents, and my grandmother...all of whom knew about the timing of the IVF cycle. I think I won't tell anyone else until at least after the 6 week ultrasound, assuming I make it that far.

Me: 31, ready to rumble
DH: 33, severe male factor infertility

IVF/ICSI #1 (September 2011)
ER: 9/12 (15 follies, 12 mature eggs, 10 fertilized with ICSI)
ET: 9/17 (2 blasts: 4AA & 3AA)
*4 popsicle blasts* :-)
HPT says BFP: 9/23
Diagnosed w/ OHSS: 9/27
Beta #1: 9/27 (201)
Beta #2: 9/29 (361)
Beta #3: 9/30 (522)
Beta #4: 10/3

Re: Beta #1 & #2 -- looking good

• Options

I'm in the exact same place, emotionally...I have PCOS and my husband is severe male factor, so we just finished our first IVF cycle...the betas have been good (beta #1, 166 at 14dpER; beta #2, 412 at 16dpER), and today we went for the first ultrasound where they looked for placement of the yolk sac, and that looked normal as well...sitting in the waiting room with the print-outs from the ultrasound, it all started to seem so real. 

I am almost at week 6.  Amidst the overwhelming joy is such fear though, as I'm sure you understand--so much is at stake.  I wish I could just fast-forward to week 8! 

Me: 27, diagnosed with PCOS at age 16 DH: 28, severe male factor infertility Started TTC
  • Options
    Sounds great! Congrats.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

These are drive-by's.  They are poor form and bad etiquette.  These posts are very frustrating and upsetting to the ladies who have developed relationships and have been supporting each other through this journey.  Many of the ladies have been here for a LONG time and you just poured salt in the wounds.  If you are pregnant, then post on a pregnancy board! 

BEEP BEEP!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagebfarrell:

These are drive-by's.  They are poor form and bad etiquette.  These posts are very frustrating and upsetting to the ladies who have developed relationships and have been supporting each other through this journey.  Many of the ladies have been here for a LONG time and you just poured salt in the wounds.  If you are pregnant, then post on a pregnancy board! 

BEEP BEEP!!

Completely agreed. Just because you needed ART to get pregnant doesn't mean you should come here and share your bfp. We are a group of women supporting each other during our struggle to get pregnant. You both coming on here and announcing your bfp is cruel and disrespectful. Take it to a pregnancy board.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options

Glad things are looking good!!

Ladies, She is going through the same thing and shouldnt be shunned because it is working for her, Yeah, it is  depressing for us,  but she was/is in the same boat. 

If you're IVF/IUI cycle worked wouldnt you let the ladies who were supporting you know before moving on?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelawjjg522:

Ladies, She is going through the same thing and shouldnt be shunned because it is working for her, Yeah, it is  depressing for us,  but she was/is in the same boat. 

If you're IVF/IUI cycle worked wouldnt you let the ladies who were supporting you know before moving on?

I'm not going to argue this point.  It's board etiquette and anyone who has lurked around long enough would know that this is not the appropriate place to announce a pregnancy if you haven't been around to support the other ladies. 

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageBeeBee08:
    imagelawjjg522:

I'm not going to argue this point.  It's board etiquette and anyone who has lurked around long enough would know that this is not the appropriate place to announce a pregnancy if you haven't been around to support the other ladies. 

Ohmigosh Bee. I saw that a "beebee" was the last person to post on this and thought "ugh, what other newbie wants to say it's okay to post a bfp without knowing anyone" but then saw you changed your name! yay! I like it, it's fun!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    Wow. I'm sorry for commiting a faux pas. I didn't realize that this board was ONLY intended for people who are about to go through infertility treatment, people who are currently undergoing infertility, and people who have not yet been successful in their infertility treatments. I also didn't realize that I was expected to "lurk" for months before learning these unwritten rules.

I really thought it would be OK to post updates, at least while still being treated by my RE, considering that although my betas are looking good, it's still very early and it wouldn't be unheard of if this pregnancy doesn't work out. Although I am excited, I'm also filled with a lot of apprehension, anxiety, fear, stress, and worry. I've never made it this far. I know it is premature to celebrate. I'm full of contradictory emotions and I figured, perhaps mistakenly, that there would be others on this board who would understand. My apologies if I was mistaken.

Me: 31, ready to rumble
    DH: 33, severe male factor infertility

IVF/ICSI #1 (September 2011)
    ER: 9/12 (15 follies, 12 mature eggs, 10 fertilized with ICSI)
    ET: 9/17 (2 blasts: 4AA & 3AA)
    *4 popsicle blasts* :-)
    HPT says BFP: 9/23
    Diagnosed w/ OHSS: 9/27
    Beta #1: 9/27 (201)
    Beta #2: 9/29 (361)
    Beta #3: 9/30 (522)
    Beta #4: 10/3

• Options

From looking at her post you can tell that she just recently made her bump account.  I can see how someone would sign up for "the bump" and assume that the infertility board could be for someone who struggled with infertility and then got pregnant.  I don't see why the previous posters couldn't have just explained this to her in a nice way instead of making her feel so unwelcome from her very first post.  I see this happen a lot on here and I just don't understand it. All she needed was a little direction.

3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"