Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Bottles

Which botttles did you register for or which do you use? I'm leaning towards Tommee Tippee, but I'm not thrilled with the reviews. I also considered Avent after reading Baby Bargains, but those seem to get a lot of poor reviews on Amazon. I'm guessing my baby will decide what she likes best, but I'm stuck as to what I should register for and how many. Thanks in advance!
bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Bottles

• I registered for the Evenflo Classic Glass. Ideally I wanted just a few of the 4oz and a few of the 8 oz to start out (and then see if LO even approves). But they were such a great deal on Amazon (6 for $11.99) that I went with 6 of each size.

For some reason I'm more drawn to the glass bottles. And these got fabulous ratings.

This being said I'm hoping to breastfeed and only use the bottles as back ups. If LO ends up not liking the 4 oz bottles I'll send back the 8 oz for free and get a refund (I love Amazon!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should also mention I'm hoping to breastfeed and only use these as back-up.

• Loading the player...
  • My daycare won't take glass (that's what I wanted!)

We registered for both Born Free and Tommee Tippee based on recs from friends. (Lots of friends recommended Dr Brown's too, but I decided to wait and look into those IF we had gas problems. No sense washing those extra parts if we didn't need them).

I started out with the Tommee Tippee's and she took to them right away. So I returned all the Born Free ones and bought more TT. We love them!  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLizC216:
    I should also mention I'm hoping to breastfeed and only use these as back-up.

Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles are great for breastfed babies.  When I was breastfeeding, I used these and LO took to it great and did not have any nipple confusion. 

• We used Avent bottles.  I had no issues with them and we are now using their sippy cups.  I was all registered for the tommee tippee but I got a few of the avent from my OB and decided to stick with them.  I also BF no formula
  • Babies are picky like you said, so I would only get one or two packs until you know if she likes them.  Born Free bottles worked great for us.  DS took to them easily and they didn't cause any problems with BF.  They have two extra parts to prevent gas but they're very easy to clean and assemble.  I never had any problems with leaks either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We registered and received the Dr. Brown's glass bottles. Due to a long story involving a ton of nursing/latching problems, we eventually tried and settled on Playtex VentAire. No issues with either one and my kid didn't have a problem taking any bottle (just a boob...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really love my Playtex Ventaire wides. I've never had a problem with them leaking and G went easily between them and the boob. He was never picky about different bottles though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You'll probably have to try a few until you find one you like.  We were given Avent, Mam bottles and Playtex Drop-Ins.  My kid will drink from anything, so it was fine.  We didn't like Avent because no matter what we did, they leaked.  Others on here will say I put them together wrong - but we tried everything.  The Mam bottles had a zillion pieces.  We loved the Drop-ins, even though they were wasteful, because we were gifted TONS of the liners, and DD loved the bottles.
  • Thanks ladies! This really helps me out!

• We had avent with #1 - but I am going to switch this time because they leaked all.the.time.  I think we are going to give born free a try this time....

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I registered for all Dr. Browns, sterilized and washed all, and after a week had to stop using them.  They did not work for my son.  He was spitting up non stop with these.  After trying 5 kinds, the winner was .... Born Free.  Also tried Avent, Tommy Tippee, Gerber (these were so cheap and actually worked better for us than all the others except Born Free).  I highly suggest registering for a few kinds or only the small size and maybe a set of three or four to start. 
  • I think we tried virtually every bottle on the market before settling on Dr. Browns.  It wasn't so much the bottle, but the nipple that DS was picky about.  We used the Evenflo glass bottles for a while with Dr. Browns nipples, but the nipple was constantly collapsing due to lack of air.  The Dr. Browns extra pieces allow the air to get into the nipple so it doesn't collapse, which was important for us because DS hated when we had to take the bottle out to let air in the nipple.
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used Breastflow for the first 5 months-I think they helped my LO's latch.  The nipples were a slight pain to clean and my LO isn't picky so I switched to Avent.  I have never had a leaking problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"