Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

XP: Help!!

Last night was absolutely terrible!!  Bennett was up for 5 1/2 hours and she acted like she had an insatiable hunger, we were feeding her every 45 min 2-2 1/2 oz the entire time.  I kept burping her thinking there was no way she could be hungry, but each time she CHUGGED and never spit up or anything.  Is this normal?  I am contemplating getting gas drops for her today because she keeps kicking her legs up to her stotmach and I'm not sure if she has a little tummy ache.  Oh yeah and her stomach is huge and hard.  Anyone have any experience with this or have any thoughts?  It was so bad I was almost in tears not knowing what to do to help my LO.  DH even stepped in to help and give me a break at midnight, which made me feel guilty because he has to get up at 6:00 for work and I get to stay home and sleep in with her.  Not our best night and hoping this doesn't become the norm!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: XP: Help!!

• Options
    Maybe she's having a growth spurt. You said her stomach was hard.. when was the last time she had a BM? Did she burp well for you with each feeding? If she did and if she was eating that frequently, I wouldn't think it would be gas, but I'm no expert by any means. From what I've been told, even the best babies will have some bad nights here and there, I wouldn't expect it to be the norm. I'd just pay close attention to her and try to make sure you're giving her what she's wanting whether it be food or changing her diaper. If you're really concerned, call your pediatrician's office. Nurses there are generally used to FTMs and they are there to help you out! If nothing else, it would give you peace of mind and they may be able to give you some suggestions for how to calm her. GL & hope you have a better night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLadyVi33:
    Maybe she's having a growth spurt. You said her stomach was hard.. when was the last time she had a BM? Did she burp well for you with each feeding? If she did and if she was eating that frequently, I wouldn't think it would be gas, but I'm no expert by any means. From what I've been told, even the best babies will have some bad nights here and there, I wouldn't expect it to be the norm. I'd just pay close attention to her and try to make sure you're giving her what she's wanting whether it be food or changing her diaper. If you're really concerned, call your pediatrician's office. Nurses there are generally used to FTMs and they are there to help you out! If nothing else, it would give you peace of mind and they may be able to give you some suggestions for how to calm her. GL & hope you have a better night!

I was going to mention the same things as bolded above. It definitely could be a growth spurt. What are her diapers like? Is she having enough wet and dirty diapers?

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It sounds like she's showed up a little late for her three week growth spurt! The good news is that if that is what this is, it will only last a couple of nights. I have a pair of pants that were too tight in the waist on DS at 4 weeks and fit now (at 9 weeks). He's gained three pounds since then, but his ridiculous hard, round belly has gone down and the rest of his body has caught up.

If she's kicking her legs, she might have a tummy ache too just from eating so much. If she's hungry for it and not spitting up, feed her however much she wants though, just try to do something, like gripe water, cycling her legs, supervised tummy time, ect. for her gas. Gripe water really helped us get though the two growth spurts we've had so far.

• Options
    Thank you all for your great ideas!!  She has been having regular BMs and wet diapers and burping like she normally does.  The night before she ate 7 oz and I was shocked  and wondered if this was her growth spurt, but last night she took in at least 10 oz and I just couldn't wrap my mind around how a tiny little thing like her could eat so much, where did it go?!?!  I am having DH pick up Colic Calm on his way home tonight.  I am planning on using this as needed and figure it would be great to have on hand in case of another day/night of tummy issues.  Does anybody have any experince with Colic Calm? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My Lil Man did this when he was 6 days and 13 days it might be a growth spurt and i did giv him gas drops cus his tummy was hard
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"