Northern California Babies

Disney Hotels

We are planning on going next year, but a friend of mine is trying for this year in Dec. (at Christmas crazy time). I have no idea where to recommend for her to stay, any hotels/motels that you guys love.

Re: Disney Hotels

• LOVE the Howard Johnson Anaheim.  We stay there a lot.  Recently we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and really liked it.  I've stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn ( I know this is where Rachel stays) I liked it but the parking is tight so we only stay there if we fly as the truck is too big in the small parking spaces. I've stayed at 2 different Holiday Inns and they were a bit of a walk but both were nice hotels. 
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • We had stayed at the Portofino Inn years ago and that's just a short walk (on same side of street as DL). It was nice enough (needed a good ol' renovation which I heard they had the next year). 
  • Loading the player...
  • We usually stay at the Park Vue Inn.  It's across the street and down maybe 1-2 hotels from the entrance.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've stayed at the Park Vue Inn also, as well as the Carousel Inn.  Both are right across the street from the entrance, and much cheaper than staying in an actual DL hotel.  They're not 5 star hotels by any means, but they're clean and the rooms are comfortable enough.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • My friend stayed at the Ramada Maingate and really like it.
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • in '09 we stayed at the doubletree guest suites..absolutely loved it each room has a separate bedroom and a pull out bed in the living room .  it's not really in walking distance but still near by.  $129 a night

a couple of weekends ago we stayed at the red lion, i'd say it's with in walking distance however, we didn't walk because who wants to walk ALL the way back to their hotel after spending 12 hours at the park(s).  we paid i believe $89 a night 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've stayed at Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Peir before = pricy but we got a good deal since the grandparents paid for part as Christmas/birthday gifts.

Last week we stayed at Best Western Park Place and I really liked it there so we're booking it again for a week in December.  In July we stayed at Desert Inn (one of the few hotels that has 4 queens and a pull out couch!  There were 12 of us)  The elevator is slow so if you have a stroller it can be a pain.  Other than that we've stayed at Fairfield Inn.  HoJo is great if you go during the summer because the pool is really fun!  Other friends have rec'd Park Vue, Tropicana and Carousel but we haven't stayed at any of those yet.  All hotels are within walking distance - even for my 3 and 5 year olds!

• We booked the Fairfield Inn....I'll let you know what I think when we get back. :)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I've stayed in a lot of places, Disneyland Hotel (nice but expensive), Castle Inn (nice and price varies), and most recently Travelodge cheap and not too bad of a hotel plus free breakfast. 

• We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn & loved it close to the park to be able to walk. Can watch the Fireworks from the rooms.

only thing wish they had breakfast but not to bad since there is a bunch of restaurants right out front of the hotel, a Mimi cafe & in Ihop just down 2 hotels. 

• We really liked the Howard Johnson.  It was an easy walk to the front entrance and a nice hotel.  The Mimi's Cafe is really close by too for breakfast (and not too pricey).  As an aside, the McDonald's there is HORRIBLE (at least a 30 min wait time in line).  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"