Upstate NY Babies

club soda ok?

So L is totally into drinking club soda- I dont have an issue but DH was like- wont it make him gassy...I didnt really think about it-  

anyone have thoughts about this? My feeling is he could be drinking something much worse... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: club soda ok?

• I prob wouldn't want to get my kids used to the idea of any soda.  Plus I can't imagine it is great for their digestion, although I doubt it is 'detrimental'.  I have only had club soda a couple times so I can't think of how best to match the taste - but could you just squeeze some lime in cold water or something instead?  The soda just seems unnecessary unless maybe it was super hot and you were trying to encourage hydration (although soda might be anti-hydration?).
  • I doubt it is harmful, no sugar and low sodium. I would be nervous it would make him prefer carbonated beverages and more prone to be a soda junkie when he is older.

I am not a big soda drinker, the carbonation makes my acid reflux/heartburn flair up big time. I know carbonation helps with queasy tummies and constipation though.

Anything in moderation! =) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"