January 2011 Moms

This is so so so hard...(very long)

I thought the hardest days were the first few nights, trying to nurse while also being in pain from a c-section. And those still were the hardest days.

However, the last 2 came pretty freaking close. JT was up from 12:30 to 3:30 am, most of the time screaming and crying. I gave Motrin, teething gel, teething ring, antibiotic for the ear infection - between that and his 4 teeth I don't think we'll ever sleep again! He finally went to sleep after I called the on-call nurses and they suggested also giving Tylenol and having him sleep elevated. But then he was up at 6:45am and has not slept since (it's about 11am here now). I'm on 4 1/2 hours of broken sleep for the second day in a row and still feel like crap myself.

Thank goodness my mom is coming tomorrow. I just need someone to sit here and hold him. My aunt offered to come today but it's my grandmother's birthday and the 2nd one without my Poppy so I think it's more important for her to go there.

Right now I just put him in his pack n play in the middle of the living room floor with Barney on. He's not crying, which is good. He's not sleeping which is bad cause we both need it big time. I know it's temporary but when will this get easier?? He can't live on Motrin and Tylenol for weeks on end. I'm going to try those amber teething necklaces, I have nothing to lose. And I know that for now, with the ear infection too, Motrin and Tylenol are necessary for both of us.

I hope NONE of your LO's get sick while teething - but most grandparents are telling me the ear infection is from the teeth. Not sure if it's an OWT, that's not what the dr. said, but sometimes the old timers know stuff.

Ok, vent over. I'm going to jump in a quick shower and refresh myself. Maybe he'll just fall asleep in the PNP before I get out (yeah right, but a girl can dream!) 

**How many teeth do we get in total?????? - Wait, don't answer that!** 

Re: This is so so so hard...(very long)

• I'm sorry momma. Teething is the worst I've dealt with yet. I don't even know how many come in (I don't really want to know either). DS was okay with teething DD is like your little man and SCREAMS. It's no fun?but as my granny always tells us "This too shall pass" and before you know it, it will be boo-boos on knees, and teeth falling out, instead of teeth coming in. Smile {{hugs}}

• Is he getting all 4 teeth at once?  When DS is teething he does seem to be more congested and snotty.  Last time he did get a little cold, but I do not know if it was coincidence or not.  For us, the worse part was only a couple of days.

However, he did not have an ear infection on top of everything else.  I can't imagine going through all of this at once.  I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel for you though.  I would totally come over and hold him for you if I could.  I'm glad you are getting help soon, and hope you get to catch up on some sleep!.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! And my mom just pointed something out to me - she asked if I remember the pain I was in from teething...and my response, Um, NO!

So fortunately, "this too shall pass" and he won't remember a thing of it! Whew thank goodness.

I feel soooooo much better now that I got this off my chest and read your posts here and below. I promise not to bombard you with any more (don't want to be that girl!) 

• I'm sorry! I know how hard it can be! And you are so right! "This too shall pass" is what you have to remember. It will get better for him! (And you!)
  • I'm so sorry! Hang in there Momma! Everything else can wait, just take care of yourself and JT, and let your mom take him while you rest.

I think it's something like 20 teeth total? 8 incisors, 4 canines, 8 molars? Maybe it's easier that he's getting 4 in at once than to draw it out 1 at a time. :( I really hope it passes quickly and you both get some relief.

• Hugs!  It'll get better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want to hug you and not let go!  It will get better
  • Hello Smile  I'm sorry you're going through this.  Four teeth at once?  Ouch!  I feel bad for the little ones and for us mommies too.  My DS is getting 2 in at the moment from what I can tell.  Since you mentioned the amber teething necklace and I don't think anyone addressed that yet, I figured I'd give you my account.  I bought DS an amber teething necklace like a month ago or so before he began to cut those teeth.  He had begun to complain though so I figured it was worth a shot.  We were starting to use Humphries pellets almost every night and sometimes during the daytime.  Once we put the necklace on him, things seemed to change.  He wears it 24/7 even during bath time and we have only used Humphries about a handful of times in the last month.  We haven't had to give him Tylenol yet.  This doesn't mean I'm convinsed that we are in the clear but I wonder if this last month would have been much worse for him (and us) than it has been if we hadnt used the necklace.

Try it out if you're interested.  Good luck. Oh, remember: the lighter yellow ones are supposedly better than the darker ones.  I got mine from Amazon for like $20 and it was a 12" or 13" one which fits well.

FET to TTC #2: 9/29/14 Beta on 10/8/14 = BFP!
    DS #1 Born 1/3/11 after IVF #1
    4 failed IUIs, including 1 CP
    PCOS
    TTC since 2008

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

• I'm sorry. ((HUGS)) I just ordered one of those teething necklaces too. I haven't gotten it yet..hope it helps. Teething is hard enough..I can't imagine having a sick and teething baby...It will be nice to have your mom to help you..I hope she can make it to you soon. Here is to hoping that you both have had some rest by now.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"