September 2011 Moms
Options

If you BF your first baby ...

Vanity post here! I am BFing my 3-week old; I love it, it's going well and I have no intention of stopping. BUT a question for the experienced Moms out there ... are my boobs going to really shrink up to nothing?? I have been an A my whole life and, sadly, there's no room for shrinkage.

Just curious if it's really true ...

Mom to Nathan Bradley, 9/4/2011 * 46 Hours of Labor, followed by C-Section * http://www.uncomfortablethings.blogspot.com

Re: If you BF your first baby ...

• Options
    I went back to my pre-pregnancy size (also an A) after I stopped nursing DS.  It is very unfortunate - I liked having bigger boobs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bf my DS for almost 2 years, and my breasts went back to the size they were pre-pregnancy. I was a small B cup and went up to a small C cup during bfing, and once we were done, they went back down to a small B. I wouldnt really say they shrank, they just returned back to "normal" size....
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh good. I've heard that they get droopy/smaller than pre-preg after you finish BFing. I'm OK if they just go back to my "normal" small size. Thanks. :-)
    Mom to Nathan Bradley, 9/4/2011 * 46 Hours of Labor, followed by C-Section * http://www.uncomfortablethings.blogspot.com
  • Options

I think it depends on your body.

I was prepared for my breasts to shrink up after BFing both my babies - they got bigger.

I went from a C cup to a D with my first son, and from a D to a DD with my second son. 

My mother was a D cup when she started having babies, BF all 4 of us, and ended up as an A. 

So, it could go either way.

Congrats on your new baby!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I went from a D pre-pregnancy to an G/H while nursing and then down to a DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"