Secondary IF
Options

End of the road

I can't believe that I am actually here.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that we would be pulling out all stops for 2.5 years to have Baby #2 with nothing to show for it.  I've been on an ART break since March and I thought for sure we would conceive....how naive am I? 

So, DH and I decided that 1 more IVF and then we are done.  By done, it means no more Baby #2.  No more ART, no more charting, no more OPK, no more anything.  I will be getting an IUD, just so I am not secretly driving myself crazy with this.  I know how I am and I will NEVER give up if there is even a sliver of a chance, so I need an IUD to keep me from becoming the crazy person I am now.

I got AF in the middle of the night, so I will be starting BCP in a few days in prep for our 2nd and final IVF.  I am scared to death of it failing, but in my gut, I know it will.  I can't even imagine having another baby.  I used to be able to, but now that dream seems so far away.  Come the end of November, I will have my life back again in some way....either as a pregnant momma or as a momma of one, anything but this limbo land I've been living in for so long.

Please Please Please Please Please....this has to be it. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: End of the road

• Options
    Amanda, I have so much to say!  I'm happy for you that you have a plan - I can imagine that must provide some relief, if not also stress and anxiety.  The idea of "having your life back" is wonderful, and I also long for that day.  We've shared equally long roads, and like you, I am no longer able to imagine life with another child.  One of my deepest hopes is that "not being able to imagine it" does not mean it won't happen.  I hope this for you as well.  I am with you on never being able to give up if there is a sliver of a chance - and at the same time, it's SO hard to make a choice that will ensure it won't happen.  I wish you strength and conviction through this time, which is sure to test you on many levels.  I ditto your "pleases", and hope that no matter what happens, you will have peace in your heart when all is said and done.   Remember we're all here for you.
    Doriimage

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options

((HUGS)) I will be praying so hard for you!!!!!

Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Amanda!

I could have written this post.

We are on day 4 of our last cycle, too. Either way we are moving on after this.

Limbo is no way to live.

My husand and I were talking about birth control options last night -- I couldn't believe it. It's so weird.

I forget -- are you an RMA patient? If so I will be sure to sprinkle lots of good luck dust for you, especially near the fish tank, because it sure is pretty over there :)

I hope this cycle is it for you, and if not, I hope you find peace in your decision to move on.

All the best to you and your family.

Abby

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • Options

((HUGS)) I know how you feel and we will be done soon too. January is when we are calling it quits. However, I'm not as brave as you are and we won't be preventing, so I know I will always have that STUPID little glimmer of hope.

For the longest time, I couldn't imagine NOT having another baby, and now I truly can't imagine having one. It seems like a myth, a fairy tale, something that happens to everyone else but never to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't mean this in a rude way at all and i realize it is a long emotional journey (trust me when I say I know) but have you considered adoption?
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
  • Options

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for your support.  This is so rough and I wish no one ever had to feel the way we feel.  It so isn't fair.

@bronxite...I am at RMA in Mo'town.  Are you?  Who is your RE?  I go to Drews, but have been dildo cammed by all....I'm such a ho like that Stick out tongue  I will be there Saturday...maybe we will get to meet!!! Lots of luck to you as well.

@h4m...Don't be silly...I know you aren't being rude.  We've discussed and considered adoption, but to be honest, we can't afford the process or the potential heartbreak.  We are so blessed to have insurance coverage for ART bc without it, we wouldn't be able to go through this. 

Doriimage
  • Options

Ha - yup - Mo'town, too. I am with Dr. Morris and Nurse Joyce.

I will be there Sunday a.m. to see how I am progressing on the Gonal-F. Maybe our paths will cross soon :)

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • Options
    I'll be praying for you, I hope this cycle is it.
  • Options
    There are so, so many people pulling for you.  I am definitely among them :)  I am so so glad for you that you and your DH have a plan, and am praying that the end of November comes quickly, and brings you all your hopes and dreams.
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• Options
    imageAmandaMacD:

@h4m...Don't be silly...I know you aren't being rude.  We've discussed and considered adoption, but to be honest, we can't afford the process or the potential heartbreak.  We are so blessed to have insurance coverage for ART bc without it, we wouldn't be able to go through this. 

I understand that all too well, part of the reason we chose foster2adopt, but frick is this just as painful (if not worse) the the straight adoption route. I think you know my story. 

You are so lucky to have ART insurance, now if it would only work dammit! I continue to think about you often, and I hope that gorgeous girl of yours gets to be a big sister soon. 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
  • Options
    I really hope that this one last shot works for you!  It sounds like you are at peace with your decision, which is good.
  • Options

I'm sorry you've reached the last step on your journey :( I can only imagine how difficult it is to make that decision. I truly hope with everything I've got that this last IVF brings you and your family another LO. It's so unfair that anyone has to travel this road.

I don't mean to pry, so feel free not to answer, but should you end up with snow babies and the fresh cycle doesn't work out (trying not to think about that.....), would you continue on with a FET?

Wishing you all the luck in the world! {{{HUGS}}}

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    (((hugs))) I will be sending so much good luck your way for this last IVF cycle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    You ladies are all so amazing and I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate your support and understanding. 

@tosh...We would definitely do a FET if we had embryos left.  The RE is hopeful that my egg quality issue is a result of my PCOS and insulin resistence, and now that both of these have been treated since May, we hopefully have a better shot.  Last IVF, 23 of 26 eggs fertilized and most of them didn't make it to Day 3 and none to Day 5 or freeze Crying  I hope the metformin and DHEA are helping. 
    Doriimage
  • Options
    I too will be praying really hard for you.  I have a feeling it will work this time, now that you've been treated.  I was really close to the end of the road too.  Sending you tons of good luck IVF juice your way.  Hugs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options

Butting late here, but wanted to say it's so nice to "see" you!

I totally understand needing to know it's over. But I really hope you don't have to get there, that this current cycle works for you.  I can't stand seeing you, Jenna, hoping4more, and me still here.  If you'd asked me last year when I joined this board, I would never have believed you if you said I'd still be here in a year.

I am praying so hard for you and your family.  

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but for me, I don't even think and IUD would do it for me, because I know a *lot* of healthy babies born to moms who were using IUDs when they got k/u. We didn't take out my IUD until Aug 2010 because that's when DH was ready, but I was holding out hope that I would get pg with the IUD in from the prior March! Crazy I Am. 

Universe, please make this it for Amanda!!

• Options
    I hope this cycle is it.  And I hope your visions change to include another baby. :) GL, sweetie!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a little late here, but I am praying so hard for you this month. I really, really hope that this month brings you some relief. Limbo is the worst part of all of this. I wish we all had a crystal ball where we could find out when it was going to happen, if at all. That would end the monthly heartache, endless concern over whether we're doing enough, or if all my efforts are in vain.

I will be thinking of you everyday this month and you will be in my daily meditations. This HAS to be your month!

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options

Chances of success for IVF#2 are barely, barely lower than for #1!!!!

GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"