Maryland Babies

Quick, what's the MD daycare website?

That you can look up all licensed providers and check for violations, etc? I thought I had it bookmarked.......trying to help a friend find daycare. TIA
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Quick, what's the MD daycare website?

• nevermind, i think i found it.

• What was it?
    -Michele Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • www.mdchildcare.org
  • Can you check for violations on that one? I thought there was another site to see recent inspection results or something...

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageSarahKate31:
    Can you check for violations on that one? I thought there was another site to see recent inspection results or something...

I know you used to be able to....I am not familiar with any other sites

• Here is the violations page. Well, actually there are two since one is for inspections since January and the other is for inspections before January.

New one https://www.checkccmd.org/

Old One https://msdecompliancereports.org/msdesearch.asp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can I hijack this thread?  Those of you with LOs in daycare already, would it freak you out if there were several food related violations at a center, but upon reinspection they were all resolved?  We have not committed anywhere yet, but our number one choice was inspected in July and had several food temperature/storage violations.  None of my other choices were inspected recently, so there aren't as many details...
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if I'd freak out, but I'd bring it up to the provider. It might be something very simple and could potentially be a parents fault.

My provider was cited in the past for not having adequate records. I took this as being she didn't ask for them or misplaced them. But I'm pretty sure its because when children get shots, the parents aren't bringing in an updated immunization record and whats on file isn't matching for the age of the child. For example, I need to get her DD's updated shot record, since our provider only has it as of DD's 2 month appt and DD is over 4 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageras26:
    Can I hijack this thread?  Those of you with LOs in daycare already, would it freak you out if there were several food related violations at a center, but upon reinspection they were all resolved?  We have not committed anywhere yet, but our number one choice was inspected in July and had several food temperature/storage violations.  None of my other choices were inspected recently, so there aren't as many details...

Not necessarily. If it was the same violation OVER and OVER and appeared that they didn't try to fix it, then I would. I also wouldn't hesitate to bring it up and ask what they did to address it and how they will make sure it won't happen again.

• The rules are very stringent, so centers can get dinged for non-compliance on something you think isn't actually a huge deal. The categories include large numbers of things that are assessed and non-compliance on one point means non-compliance on the category, KWIM?

When I was looking, my tactic was to ask the director about the violation, what it was, and how it was resolved. They should be willing to discuss it with you. If the director gets crappy with you, take it as an indication that you shouldn't be there. Among all the other negatives, it shows that the director isn't very good at communicating with parents, and you don't want that in your life!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"