Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Those with LO's on PREVACID...

How do you give it? My pedi said to shake it up in a syringe and administer to her that way, however, they said to make sure that she gets all the little circles, or crystals which seems impossible. They keep sticking to the syringe.  Have you found an easier way to give this medicine? I thought about using a nipple but she chokes on anything other than formula and slow flow nipples won't allow the crystals to get through. 

Re: Those with LO's on PREVACID...

• Options

We give our LO the prevacid by syringe. Once you get all the prevacid in the syringe I tap the syringe side to side while holding straight up against the glass I am mixing it in. It makes all the little granules go right to the tip of the syringe.  Hope that helps:) GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerborder="0 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son is on Prevacid and the kid hates it. He was literally gagging when I tried to give it to him out of the syringe so I asked a friend of mine who has a premie that was in the NICU for 3 months whose also on Prevacid and she said the nurses told her to mix it with 10mLs of milk in a bottle and give it to him that way. I tried it and it worked so I ran it by my doctor and he said get it in him whatever way you can, I know it says 30 mins before a meal but it's hard to get it at that interval for a baby so as long as he's getting it twice a day, this is fine. My pharmacy also compounded it for me so it's already in a liquid form. Is yours not compounded?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first is on prevacid, but I used to just wet it a bit and put it in his mouth and it dissolved. Now that he;s older (usually) he just puts in his mouth and chews it without a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I stick it in the side of his mouth and then give him his bottle.  It seems to work for me.  The Hubby takes two spoons and crushes it between them so it makes a powder and then gives it to him that way and then the bottle. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepolmerskid:

We give our LO the prevacid by syringe. Once you get all the prevacid in the syringe I tap the syringe side to side while holding straight up against the glass I am mixing it in. It makes all the little granules go right to the tip of the syringe.  Hope that helps:) GL

We do this exactly...I then flush it out with water.  Ours isn't compounded -- LO used to be on zantac and HATED it, so this one is a welcome change.  He doesn't seem to mind it at all.  We used to do 1ml of water but 2ml seems to dissolve most of it and then we do what PP said above with the "flush".

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No it's not liquid form. It's pill form. I'll have to try what the PP said about tapping it on the glass. I'm not sure I entirely understand but I'll give it a shot. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"