Infertility

Crinone Question

Hi there! I am on day 5 of my first time using Crinone and so far it's not as bad as I was thinking it would be.  My (very TMI) question is what to do about all the "residue" that's stuck up in there?  It's not oozing out like I thought it would and there's no itching or smell like I thought but instead is so dry and almost like tiny pieces of toilet paper stuck up there.  So for those of you with Crinone experience, how/when does it go away?  I feel like how much more can fit up there?? 

If all goes well, I'll still have several more days on this before my beta test so I'm just wondering if I missed the memo from the doctor to "clean out" the old stuff each day or something!!??

Thanks in advance.

Re: Crinone Question

• There's nothing on this board that is TMI.  I mean obviously I tried to wash out that area each day but beyond that I didn't do anything.  The longer you use it the more it will leak out.  After the first 10 days, I had to start wearing a panty liner but it was nothing horrible.  I hope you get your BFP and I'll wait to tell you about what happens if AF comes because hopefully you wont need to know and that's when it gets gross.
  • This will be my first time using Crinone.  So thanks for the warning!  Smile 

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My Dr. said to swipe it out each morning in the shower before the application for that day.  Definitely not glamorous.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • My RE never said anything, but from others on here and IRL to "clean it out".  Not anyones best moment....
    Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelilredj:
    My RE never said anything, but from others on here and IRL to "clean it out".  Not anyones best moment....
    ditto! my RE never said anything about cleaning it out but I learned that from others on here. good luck!
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • No worries, no such thing as TMI around here lol.

To answer your question, I had the same thing when using Crinone. The best way I could describe it was that it reminded me of those little chunks of dried lotion on a pump lotion bottle opening when you haven't used it in a few days lol, and they mostly come out at the end of the day, especially when SO and I have intercourse (it was all over both of us, big time ew). Unfortunately, it's going to be like that every day that you use the Crinone. After my bfn I stopped the Crinone and it went away after about a day of being off it.

• imageMrkyrain:
    There's nothing on this board that is TMI.  I mean obviously I tried to wash out that area each day but beyond that I didn't do anything.  The longer you use it the more it will leak out.  After the first 10 days, I had to start wearing a panty liner but it was nothing horrible.  I hope you get your BFP and I'll wait to tell you about what happens if AF comes because hopefully you wont need to know and that's when it gets gross.

This!

TTC since 11/09
    me: 39 DH: 36  
    dx: unexplained (ugh) 

January 2011 - December 2012: 4 cycles w/Clomid; 9 IUIs w/Follistim & Menopur;  two IVF cycles converted to IUI (poor response/dominant follicle) 

August 2014 IVF (antagonist protocol: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, dexamethasone): 13 eggs, 9 mature, 8 fertilized w/ICSI; 0 frozen, 3 transferred day 5 = BFN

October 2014 IVF (micro-lupron protocol: mircrolupron, Menopur, Follistim, dexamethasone): 8 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI; 3 transferred day 3 = BFP! Beta 1=121; Beta 2=287; Beta 3 =678. Miscarriage @ 8w2d. :(
  • I have been on Crinone a lot and I'm currently on it now.  You have to scoop it out (for lack of a better term) every few days in the shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"