Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Diaper Rash

So I had to call the pedi today because LO got a diaper rash :( They're pretty sure it's from the wipes we were using and that his skin is just really sensitive since they said we're doing diaper changes more than often enough.

What kind of diaper creams if any do you all use? Has anyone else dealt with this? The pediatrician gave us some good helpful tips, but of course anything we can try to clear it up faster and prevent it from recurring is good info to have. What worked for you? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Rash

• Options
    I have always used Balmex and has worked great.  Are you using Swaddlers with Dry Max?  I found they do irritate my daughter's bum if she has been sitting for a while (such as in a car seat, swing, etc.).  My absolute favorite that I discovered with my first daughter though (for diaper rash and other "boo-boos") is California Baby's Diaper Wash.  Its a spray that you can either spray directly onto their bottom or use a cotton ball and you can also dilute it if you want.  While it looks to be pricey - I still have a half a bottle left over from when DD#1 was a baby - she's 3 now!  Great stuff.  You can get it online and at Target - some BRU's sell their line also.
  • Options

Boudreaux's Butt Paste.

It's AWESOME. We've caught rashes pretty early on DS, and after using about a pea size every diaper change, it was cleared up in a couple of days. Mind you, we've caught the rashes in the very early stages, before they have a chance to really spread...if your DS's rash is pretty severe, it might take a little longer...

They also make a Boudreaux's "Rash Protector" spray that's supposed to be pretty good at keeping them from coming back if they're chronic, but I havent tried it yet (nor have I had the need to, thank goodness!).

HTH!

Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Triple Paste- it was the only thing that cleared up my daughter's diaper rash.
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you! I have a sample of the Boudreaux's that I've been trying and it seems to be less irritating to spread on than the Desitin is. It's not  huge yet, so I think we've caught it early enough. I also like the idea of the rash protector spray.. but hopefully won't need it. Thanks for the suggestions! 
  • Options

I'm not much help because DS hasn't gotten diaper rash yet but we do put on the Bordeaux Butt Paste at night before bed sometimes.  I like it because it doesn't smell as chemical as Desitin does.

FWIW I use pampers with dry max and have no issues with them, but agree with a pp...you may want to check that out, so LOs are sensitive to it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks!

This may be a stupid question, but how do I know if I have the Pampers with Dry Max? I looked at the box, but didn't see it anywhere... is it obviously written on the packaging? Excuse my ignorance! 

• Options
    we use Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the All Natural). I've also used some of my Lanolin cream, which has worked well.
  • Options
    Triple Paste is Amazing.  Nothing else is worth it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used Bordeaux Butt Paste for a while but it never cleared up his diaper rash. My MIL and pediatrician advised me to use a pea size combination of neosporian and anti-fungal cream. This has dramatically cleared up his diaper rash and I still use this for every diaper change.
  • Options
    imagejennypenny1014:

Boudreaux's Butt Paste.

It's AWESOME. We've caught rashes pretty early on DS, and after using about a pea size every diaper change, it was cleared up in a couple of days. Mind you, we've caught the rashes in the very early stages, before they have a chance to really spread...if your DS's rash is pretty severe, it might take a little longer...

They also make a Boudreaux's "Rash Protector" spray that's supposed to be pretty good at keeping them from coming back if they're chronic, but I havent tried it yet (nor have I had the need to, thank goodness!).

HTH!

DD has had a rash now for over a week.  We brought her to the pediatrician again yesterday (she went in last week for it, too). She has open red sores and a red butt... it's looks so painful! I change her literally every 2 hours, and more often than not, every hour... and there is always poo in there. She is EBF.  The constant pooping is so irritating to her. I've tried Desitin (didn't do anything) and tried Grandma El's (good for preventative but hasn't cleared the rash up)... and now Boudreaux's Butt Paste- it's great! The rash that has been getting progressively worse already is starting to look better.

Pediatrician told us to "plaster it on there"... it little looks like I am giving her little butt a mud facial with the stuff- but it's been working. I am cleaning her with cloth wipes (baby wash cloths) and cotton balls.  Clean off with the cotton balls and water first and then run one cloth wipe with water on it gently over her to get any residue/bacteria off. Also, we're giving her baths nightly filled with water and 2-3 tbsp of white vinegar and letting her sit in it for 15-20 minutes. And some air time, too... I just put a couple towels down on her play mat and let her hang out there. 

Hope some of this helps?!

Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our doctor recommended sitting DS in a baking soda bath for a few minutes.  We did this once/day for 2 days and it was gone.  Now we put some baking soda in their bath and haven't had any rash in weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"