Food Allergy
Options

Reaction from Nutramigen??

Camryn was dx w/ a milk/soy allergy on Sept 16th. We switched her to Nutramigen and cut out all milk/soy and her all over eczema cleared up.  She has accidentally gotten into a few things w/ milk and had some flare ups (brother has given her a drink of his milk, etc.)

My question is she started having extreme blowout diarrhea diapers since starting the Nutramigen.  So you think it's from the formula or the sporadic milk/soy ingestion? 

Also for those of you w/ older siblings of the allergic child- how do you explain why he/she can't share his milk and other things with them?  I tried telling DS that he can't share b/c she it will hurt her tummy, but he seems to forget or just want to share anyways.

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reaction from Nutramigen??

• Options

Nutramigen has traces of milk and soy, I believe.  We tried it, and it didn't work. DS was put on Elecare.

DS is an only child.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How long has it been after she had the milk and the reaction to Nutramigen?  Maybe the milk reaction is still coming out?  If not, i agree, try Elecare. 

I just had a conversation about the this with my coworker yesterday.. the older brother doesn't have allergies (4 y/o) and his younger does (2 y/o) and he says he's just now starting to understand. So maybe it just takes time? 

Would you consider switching his milk to something else?  Hes probably not going to like it since he has had cows milk for so long, but i would try coconut milk first (my friend switched her 3 y/o and she said he switched fine). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had to switched to Alimentium. The enfamil version wasn't working.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Options

I'd vote for Ellecare also.

Our oldest has allergies so I"m not sure if this would work- but could you make some house rules that cups have to stay in the kitchen/at the table etc. and that way you are supervising them while the food is out?  I think the only other option is to really just start talking about "DS can have this but this food will make DD sick so you can't share- remember?" and go through it with every single food item every single time until he learns to ask before he shares with his sister. 

We have started to teach my son that "It's not safe to share food."  It helps with the allergies and the germ factor when he wants to share his half eaten cookie with me.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"