Northern California Babies

The Bully is back at School

For close to a year the Bully had been gone.

DC's behavior recently at school has been far less than stellar.  Notes home even, which we have never gotten before.  We assumed at first it was that DH had been out of town, but DH has been back for almost a week and the behavior is still not great.

DC had mentioned the Bully's name while DH was gone, but I dismissed it thinking that it couldn't possibly be the same kid.

It is.

I'm bothered that this child is back to torment my kid.  But I'm torn also knowing what I know of the kids home life, that at least at school he's safe.  All the proper authorities are involved already.

DC has been acting out to be included, but also to get attention that is now otherwise diverted to the Bully.  Instead of getting the positive reinforcement he's used to, he sees the Bully get attention for bad behavior, and now is trying to do bad things to get more attention.  Awful cycle, but at least now that we all (teachers, us and director) know what's happening we can all work together to divert it back to our normal.

So proud of my kid too, last night he said he was going to try and teach the Bully how to do right and be a good friend.  Breaks my heart and fills it at the same time.

Re: The Bully is back at School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"