TTC after 35

Old poster with an update

Hi ladies,

Some of you I recognize, others I dont.  I just wanted to be a little inspiration for those of you struggling with IF.  I got a BFP earlier this month without the help of an RE.  Yesterday, I saw the heartbeat on the u/s.  Of course, I am still not out of the woods yet. 

Background on me: I have a 4 year old, was Dx with secondary IF when he was 2 after a year of trying with one m/c.  Went to RE for about 1 1/2 years, a bunch of IUIs and 2 IVFs.  One etopic pregnancy and one CP.  In May I had my last RE session.  In August, we conceived naturally. 

I just wanted to share my story since I know it can be quite frustrating for those of you who think you are at the end of your plan.  I did. 

Good luck to you all!

Re: Old poster with an update

• I absolutely remember you! Congrats and I hope this one is it for you. That's great you saw a heartbeat. I think we are done with treatment after this IVF and if it doesn't work, I may try for a few months just for a miracle before I schedule my hysterectomy.  I guess you never know when that good egg will pop up, right?  Congrats again.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Congrats! And, thank you for the hope.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!  It just goes to show, you can never say never.
  • I haven't followed your story, but thanks for posting. It's always wonderful to hear good news. Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! That is great news and I'm really happy for you!

Thanks so much for sharing.

TTC since 11/09
    me: 39 DH: 36  
    dx: unexplained (ugh) 

January 2011 - December 2012: 4 cycles w/Clomid; 9 IUIs w/Follistim & Menopur;  two IVF cycles converted to IUI (poor response/dominant follicle) 

August 2014 IVF (antagonist protocol: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, dexamethasone): 13 eggs, 9 mature, 8 fertilized w/ICSI; 0 frozen, 3 transferred day 5 = BFN

October 2014 IVF (micro-lupron protocol: mircrolupron, Menopur, Follistim, dexamethasone): 8 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI; 3 transferred day 3 = BFP! Beta 1=121; Beta 2=287; Beta 3 =678. Miscarriage @ 8w2d. :(
  • Thanks so much! What an inspiring story :)
  • CONGRATS!!!!!  that is awesome, h&h 9 months to you!!!
  • Much congrats to you!  I have been hearing a lot lately of people conceiving naturally while on a break!

H&H9months!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • OMGosh! That is amazing! Congrats D!!  :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMDBeachbride:

Hi ladies,

Some of you I recognize, others I dont.  I just wanted to be a little inspiration for those of you struggling with IF.  I got a BFP earlier this month without the help of an RE.  Yesterday, I saw the heartbeat on the u/s.  Of course, I am still not out of the woods yet. 

Background on me: I have a 4 year old, was Dx with secondary IF when he was 2 after a year of trying with one m/c.  Went to RE for about 1 1/2 years, a bunch of IUIs and 2 IVFs.  One etopic pregnancy and one CP.  In May I had my last RE session.  In August, we conceived naturally. 

I just wanted to share my story since I know it can be quite frustrating for those of you who think you are at the end of your plan.  I did. 

Good luck to you all!

Congratulations fellow-Marylander.  Send some of that baby dust down the bay to me.  I am very happy for you.  We to had stopped seeing the fertility doctor and are hoping that trying on our own will be successful.  Again, Congratulations.

Julie Trying to Conceive Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
  • Hey stranger! Congrats congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"