Pregnant after IF
Options

swelling ?

My feet get swollen everyday and they have for several months, espcially with the Texas heat or if I walk to much. Yesterday I noticed my calves felt tight by last night my legs and feet were really swollen. This morning my legs still feel tight but aren't as swollen but my feet and ankles still are. They don't hurt but hardly any shoes fit and it's like walking on water balloons. I know some swelling is normal but at what point do you call and talk with the doc? Or do you, I mean what can she do?

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: swelling ?

• Options
    Unless you are having any pre e symptoms like high bp, pain in upper quadrant, protein in urine I would say the swelling is totally normal. Drink a lot of water and put your feet up as much as you can.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My feet and ankles are huge at the end of every day, and I have them propped up at work all day :(  My doc is not worried at all since my blood pressure is normal.  She said that even though it seems like it wouldn't help, go for a walk once a day.  It's the just standing on your feet all day or sitting at a desk all day (like me) that the fluid just kind of sits there.  And make sure you drink more water and cut down on salt intake.  Today is the first day I could put shoes on instead of flip flops in a week :)

TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP said, my doctor told me that unless I am having some other pre-e symptoms (headache, high BP, protein in my urine, etc) then the swelling is annoying, but normal. If you are unsure, just give your doctor a call...they can always check you out and let you know if it is something to worry about.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"