Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Going back down for 2nd stretch

My LO has been doing great at night! Up until 2 weeks ago we would bedshare the entire night. I got great sleep because I would just BF when he woke up and then go back to sleep. As nice as bedsharing is for us, I want him to get used to sleeping elsewhere. We tried the Rock n PLay again and he has been sleeping in that. I will put him in his RnP anywhere between 7:30-9:00 (depending on his tired cues) and for the past 8 days he has been sleeping 4-6 hours straight. However, once he wakes up for his middle of the night feeding, he will only go back in the RnP for an hour at most before waking up. So Ive been bringing him to bed with me when he wakes up for his middle of the night feeding. The problem with this is, is that he is now in bed with me when I get up to get ready for work. Once I get up, he IMMEDIATELY realizes that Im up and he starts fussing. He wont go back into his RnP after I nurse him, or cuddle with DH. I cant get him to go back to sleep without me. DH doesnt need to get up for a couple more hours and he would like DS to go back to sleep. DS has no problem sleeping in on the weekends, because I dont leave the bed.

How do I get him to go back to sleep once Im up for work? Why wont he go back in his RnP after the middle of the night feeding and sleep comfortably like he does for the first stretch of the night?

Re: Going back down for 2nd stretch

• Options
    Have you tried putting him in his nursery?  LO and I both slept much better when he was in his own room.  For some reason when I'm in the room he sleeps worse and therefore I do too. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try wrapping him in a t-shirt or blanket that smells like you.  Make sure he is warm enough.  He may be refusing to go back to sleep in his rock n play because he's cold.  Also-is he fussing or crying?  If he's only fussing, he may fuss himself back to sleep (which may keep DH up anyway).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"