Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Still in newborn clothes at 3months....peanut :)

I love my tiny baby (born at 5 lbs 2 oz and 8 lbs 12 oz at 2 months) but its getting cold here and all of her warmer clothes are 3-6 months. She needs to start growing lol. Anyone else having a hard time dressing lo due to size? Either too big or too small?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Still in newborn clothes at 3months....peanut :)

• Options

Yes we're with ya -- add to that the weather in IL got much cooler much sooner so he has a lot of 0-3 month clothes he never even wore -- bummer.  He's right in the middle of 0-3 month now but he was in newborn until he was almost 5 weeks.  I am just going to pack them away for baby #2 because of course I washed them when it was warm. 

Advice for moms for the future, buy 100 sleepers and an outfit or two to go out in.  Most days LO stays in a sleeper all day and never makes it to the "cute outfits" because they're not nearly as comfy!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're in the same situation.  Gabe won't be fitting into his 3-6 month clothes (the majority of the warm sizes we bought) for another 1-2 months.  We had to buy warmer 0-3 stuff.  Oh well...
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD#1 was like this. She was still in NB close to 3 months, then 0-3, and then size 3 months by about 5 months old. DD#2 was born tiny (5lb10oz at her lowest) and she just the other day wore a size 3 month outfit that DD#1 wore when she started crawling at 5 months!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 6.5 weeks and is still in NB clothes. He was born at 7lbs, 8oz and is gaining weight fine. Hopefully he will fit into the warmer clothes soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLStorms:

Advice for moms for the future, buy 100 sleepers and an outfit or two to go out in.  Most days LO stays in a sleeper all day and never makes it to the "cute outfits" because they're not nearly as comfy!

I have 5 NB sleepers that she wears during the day and a few onesies for night time. I got them all as gifts...they are the best things ever.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    My sister's baby was the same size and is running into the same issue.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    We're in the same boat.  DS was born at 7-5, but dropped to 6-10 before he started gaining again.  At 2 months he was up to 8.5 and is still very much in newborn sizes.  I put a call out to all my friends for warmer winter gear as I just can't bring myself to stock up on NB sizes when I'm hoping he will outgrow them soon!  He has so many cute 0-3 month outfits he won't ever get to wear because they are for warm weather.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD will be 2 months Sunday and is still in Newborn comfortably. We cloth diaper so the bulkiness of the cloth makes it more sensible to leave her just in a diaper  through out the day (good ol' GA heat forces the air on high everynight so during the day we stay comfortable inside with having to have it going) but when it's time to go out we scrounge for clothes. She has a lot of 0-3 that are summer-ish and spaghetti strap dresses that she won't get to wear. Thankfully her grammy ran out and bought a good bit of plain NB onesies and sleepers when we found out we'd have a preemie on our hands!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"