Food Allergy

Egg White Allergy

So I got some answers from the allergist, my little man is allergic to egg whites and eggs are a huge part of my diet. No wonder why his eczema was out of control. I'm on day 8 of the Dr. Sears elimination diet and the eczema is almost all gone.

It doesn't explain his green, mucus, bloody poo that continues despite my efforts. Allergist said that would be due from an Fpie allergy, or intolerance to my milk; not an IgE reaction to eggs.

He recommends a formula trial to see if that helps his GI symptoms. I really don't want to go this route yet. I'm continuing the diet and hoping its his system just taking its time getting rid of allergens.

Going forward, how difficult is it to live with an egg white allergy? Did your kids grow out of it?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Egg White Allergy

• What did the allergist test him on?  was it via a skin test or a RAST test?

Not eating eggs is not so bad.  We no longer have them in the house and sometimes i have them at work but other than that, no eggs.  Baking without eggs is much easier than i ever though.  Even pancakes taste just the same w/out eggs. it takes time to get use to it.  You'll learn to make other things for breakfast.

if you can have soy, tofu scramble is not that bad -gives the effect of eggs. 

• It's easier to go without eggs than any of our other allergens (IMO). 

For the icky diapers- did he test postitive to milk?  If no milk issues- could you have a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance?  That can lead to some mucous issues. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"