High-Risk Pregnancy

Pregnant and a 4 month old

I have seen some things on the internet that say you could have a chance for a high risk pregnancy if you conceive your babies too close together. Is this true?

Re: Pregnant and a 4 month old

• It happens to people all the time and they have uneventful pregnancies.  They do recommend waiting 18 months for your body to heal because there is a risk of prematurity.  For those of us that have had preemies is it more important to wait. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll be back to back as well. It wasn't planned that way but that's what happened. I'm nervous about complications for my baby and myself but am thinking positively for a h&h 9 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've read that it's better to wait, but I also know people who have had perfectly healthy babies/ pregnancies super close together.
  • Closely spaced pregnancies are a risk factor, but it doesn't mean that you will have problems.  I would just talk to your OB or MFM.  Best of luck.

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Honestly, I'm not sure of the answer but for me this was true. However, I did have pre-e with my son so I was at risk for being high risk this pregnancy because of that. I do have pre-e again so for me being high risk in the first pregnancy made me more at risk this time around.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • sorry... I also forgot to mention that my son was almost 4 months exactly when I found out I was pregnant for the second time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"